Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SkyNation

U.S. American
SkyWest Airlines announced that the airline will host recruiting sessions throughout the country to aid in its coast-to-coast expansion for 2007. The announcement comes at a pivotal time in SkyWest's history. The airline will celebrate its 35th Anniversary in June 2007, and last week announced an additional code share with Milwaukee-based Midwest Airlines to begin service in April of 2007.

Coast to coast expansion?
Is there any growth or expansion happening west of SLC?
I didn't think so.
It's a misleading headline that should read expansion in US midwest where the majority of Americans prefer not to live.
And before anyone slams me for saying that do your research and see what percentage of the US population lives within a hundred or so miles of either coast.
But just think. A bunch of junior FO's suffering from SJS will become captains in MKE because hardly anyone will want to move or commute there. Woohoo!!!

I didn't think so.
It's a misleading headline that should read expansion in US midwest where the majority of Americans prefer not to live.
And before anyone slams me for saying that do your research and see what percentage of the US population lives within a hundred or so miles of either coast.
But just think. A bunch of junior FO's suffering from SJS will become captains in MKE because hardly anyone will want to move or commute there. Woohoo!!!
Isn't SLC-BLI a new route? SLC-Victoria?

I didn't think so.

Tool.

I didn't think so.

Why the hell did I put all those new Mexico charts in my Jeps?

Dude....no doubt. I am destined to live in $hitcago for the rest of my life. :(

Any word on whether there will be a base in MKE?

Let me rephrase.
Will all this growth and expansion will there be any additional pilot domiciles or growth in existing domiciles west of SLC?
All I see is growth on the backs of a pilot group that just voted their approval to be among the lowest paid CRJ 700 and CRJ 900 drivers in the industry.
In return for being cheap ho's you get a shot at being based in MKE. Now that's exciting if you're among the small subset of pilots wanting to live somewhere like that. Not much in it for the rest of the group, just a subpar scale that will probably make Mesa look like a good paying job in 2010.

Last edited:
In return for being cheap ho's you get a shot at being based in MKE. .

Let's not group all Skywest pilots in that group, especially the Bro guys. I can't imagine any Bro driver in their right mind voted for this joke pay proposal that gave the Bro guys nothing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back