• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest 35-Year Aircraft Unveiled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya the FAA is serious about the problems, because some of the problems are truly pathetic. FAA in the jump seat and a captain is reading a magazine and talking to approach. Or one better, FAA in the jumpseat and the captain answers his cell phone taxiing out. Then there's the captain that answers his phone on final during a line check but it's okay, it was the FO's leg. And of course there should be protection for the crews that actually departed with out being fueled for their flight and had to divert, 2 with min fuel, 1 with emergency fuel remaining.

Ya, I want ALPA protection for that.

That being said the company and SAPA are helping the pilot's with the FAA, one crew will get a localized letter at the CMO, which will "disapear" in about 12 months.

I'm not going to post specifics on the problems some Skywest pilots are having with the FAA. That post was not meant to bash you or your pilot group. Just a simple fact. At some point you WILL make a mistake. I sincerely hope it's not serious. But if you do, according to your SAPA letter, they will not help you. That to me is a witch hunt. It's bad behavior reinforcement. Whereas, trying to identify the problem is much more productive. ALPA isn't even on your property, yet they are trying to help you and your pilot group. I find that positive, no matter how you look at it.

Trojan

You're all nuts. One little post turns into what looks like 10 pages min. Keep them coming. Skywest Rocks!

Maybe to some new hire F.O. like you that does'nt know any better and has never been anywhere else, I'm sure it seems great! I can't wait to get started soon!

...And with little fanfare the 35 'th anniversary Brasilia was rolled out as well:

Here it is in Fresno I think

Well, I always suspected the Barbie Jet guys were a little "light in the loafers", if you know what I mean. Man that paint job takes 'em totally out of the closet. That thing looks queerer than a football bat, IMHO.

Thats the funniest sh!t i have read on here in a long time!!LOL

So let me get this all in order. It seems to me that the real reason a few guys are getting payed well at SKW at the moment is actually the result of staffing problems. Why are you having staffing problems? I know you guys are losing something on order or 30-40 pilots a month right now (please dont expect me to believe that 30-40 pilots a month are leaving for bigger and better things). So what happens when staffing levels are normal again and your not crediting 100 some hours a month? By the way...for those of you that think you have vastly superior work rules, do a little reasearch. You might be surprised what your missing.

I've been at SkyWest for almost 3 years. I've always been able to credit a ton each month, if I want. Open time, swap board, sitting reserve a day, there's never been a loss of chances to increase my credit.

I've worked for 3 airlines. I don't think ours are 'vastly' superior, but in then final mix we do well compared to most.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back