• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest 35-Year Aircraft Unveiled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey c'mon guys. Let's say a captain making $80 an hour credits 1000 hrs in one year. And let's say they fly the 700 exclusively. 5% equates to an extra $4000 a year. I'd take an extra $4000.

I don't think the override amounts to $3-4

I believe its more like 2% which for a 18 year captian that amounts to $1.88

Can you say bend over and take it?

And their so dumb they don't even know their getting fuked

And the standup folks over there sold out all the Bro pilots to get it. Something to be proud of guys!!!

Good luck when it comes to checkride time after you pissed off somebody in the training department! you'll be in the street with nothing to say about it!

Wow... you're paranoid. Been working in the training department a long time. I haven't legitimately fired somebody because of a training problem, much less illegitimately fired somebody. The whole "you need a union cuz the company wants to fire you" scare tactics are getting old. I've been a fence sitter for a long time and have given union guys plenty of time and opportunity to sway me, but it always comes back to the same old rhetoric.

As for the new plane... it's kinda wild. I think it's just a toned down version of Horizon's "Mardi Gras" bird.

I don't care for the paint job at all. Took $110,000 to the bank last year though. Our work rules far exceed most regionals. Had two United pilots in my jumpseat in the last year and those guys have it rough. Wouldn't want to be them. Our work rules allowed me to average 110 dollars an hour. But I'm sure you will say I still s*ck. Meanwhile I'm providing a great life for my family and their future and I'm home every night. Keep crying though, your true character is shining through.

Hey c'mon guys. Let's say a captain making $80 an hour credits 1000 hrs in one year. And let's say they fly the 700 exclusively. 5% equates to an extra $4000 a year. I'd take an extra $4000.

Guys like you seem to be missing the point. If you would stand up for yourself and what is right, then you would be taking home A LOT more $$$$ than that!!!

Anybody care to say who painted that 35th Anny. Aircraft?? Me thinks that ExpressJet got paid for that fine piece of Mexican paint shop splendor.........

and yet SkyWest pilots make more in the final result.

35 years without all the 'assistance' and 'protection' of ALPA. so far, so good.

(haters alert!!!! this is your cue to chime in with all the tired arguments about how we only have what we do because of you, how they're going to screw us over any minute (35 years, the clock is ticking), or that they already are, blah blah blah blah)

be happy where you are. if you aren't, leave. many former ALPA folks (me included) weren't happy where they were, and left to come here. it's not perfect, but all in all it's pretty good.

With all the recent problems Skywest Pilots are having with the FAA, keep on thinking that way. How do I know this? One of our former pilots currently is at the FAA and one of my friends just signed on. Speaking to him about it, it sounds pretty serious. I guess your little SAPA sent out a letter saying something to the effect that they're not going to help anybody who screws up anymore along with the Company. As I understand it, ALPA has since gotten involved a little, and have asked the question...."What is the reason for all the problems? Rather than go on a Witch Hunt and violate a bunch of pilots, let's figure out why it's happening and what we can do to fix it, rather than hang pilots out to dry." I'd say that's pretty good insurance to have.....

Trojan

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back