• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest 35-Year Aircraft Unveiled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And in real dollars, what did that get you on your last paycheck?

Assuming you flew the 700 exclusively, I am going to bet it makes you about 75$ every 2 weeks. Am I close?
Yeah, pretty close. My last paycheck from flying the -700 the override was 1.9 hours....$68.

Yea, I myself have said smart remarks about the skywest folks flying 900's for 50 seat rates. But if there workrules are good, and the company treats them well (which hardly no regional can say) then screw it... I would keep alpa away also

Ummmm...workrules are getting worse by the month.

Override, Shmoverride! 5% , Ha!!!!
that sounds almost as dumb as rickair7777 comments about SKYW over on airlinepilotcentral.com! he said that they don't get reduced pay in training, its reduced guarantee?? either way, its reduced jacka$$! no one is attacking you personally, just your MNGT! so calm down!

Last edited:
and yet SkyWest pilots make more in the final result.

35 years without all the 'assistance' and 'protection' of ALPA. so far, so good.

(haters alert!!!! this is your cue to chime in with all the tired arguments about how we only have what we do because of you, how they're going to screw us over any minute (35 years, the clock is ticking), or that they already are, blah blah blah blah)

be happy where you are. if you aren't, leave. many former ALPA folks (me included) weren't happy where they were, and left to come here. it's not perfect, but all in all it's pretty good.

and yet SkyWest pilots make more in the final result.

35 years without all the 'assistance' and 'protection' of ALPA. so far, so good.

(haters alert!!!! this is your cue to chime in with all the tired arguments about how we only have what we do because of you, how they're going to screw us over any minute (35 years, the clock is ticking), or that they already are, blah blah blah blah)

be happy where you are. if you aren't, leave. many former ALPA folks (me included) weren't happy where they were, and left to come here. it's not perfect, but all in all it's pretty good.

Good luck when it comes to checkride time after you pissed off somebody in the training department! you'll be in the street with nothing to say about it!

Good luck when it comes to checkride time after you pissed off somebody in the training department! you'll be in the street with nothing to say about it!

Yeah because that NEVER happens at a union carrier. And any pilot who fails his checkride legitimatelty probably deserves to be out on the street without a say.

Latest resources

Back