Skyway's last day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wasn't Midwest furloughing?

There were some good rumors back in Dec. but nothing happened. Depending on who you asked it was between 16 and 60.

BTW- Midwest did take quite a few from Skyway. Even when Skyway was short staffed. And they had no rhyme or reason to the ones they took.

Last edited:
As a Skyway person (non-pilot) from 2002-2007, I'm still salty about how this all went down. The writing was on the wall the day DR came back.

I was fortunate to bail out of that organization a few months before the announcement, but I have nothing but best wishes for the many friends I had there.

April 5 is going to be a sad day for MKE. It's a perfect example of how venal, incompetent management (at both the Skyway and MEH executive levels) can ruin what was a superb little airline.

Shutdown...

I swear the 328Jet is cursed... I was fuloughed off it from ACA in 2003, now my cousin is in 2008.... dang... what an industry....

Sorry guys.........too bad MEH shot down Airtran's offers. Under that plan you'd all still be around.

Best of luck, I've been there!

Seeing how AirTran is stopping some orders for airplanes now, it would have been real interesting to see how things would have been had they aquired Midwest. Gas guzzling 80s and 717s that even they don't really seem to want. Even though I'd like to think so, there is no way they would have kept Skyway around but perhaps would have taken more Skyway pilots on board. Guess we will never know.

Enjoy the ride while you can.

I think the last 328 flight for PSA was about 2 hours late because the last two captains were fighting as to who would fly the last flight.

Last flight

Damn, I wish I wasn't going to be out of town, or I'd be there for that last flight. Any chance of a "go around" which might accidentally look like fly-by on that last arrival?

Latest resources

Back