Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are their requirements?

So when then?

I was hired into a pool back in February and still haven't got a call? My question is, are they going to call me back or is this another get your hopes up and have nothing happen post? It would be nice to get a years worth of 121 time! At this stage im not going to complain what the future outlook looks like for Skyway. I thought the people over at MKE were nice and I would like to get going with them! Does anybody have the chief pilots number? Any help would be great! Thank You!

skyway never posts job openings it always seems to be more by word of mouth. When I worked there are year ago and they needed pilots the mins were 700 total time and 50 multi

didn't they park couple of 1900s due to wing spar cracks which would put them in the 6-7 plane category??? i thought they were going down to 5 1900s by december. all the fo s left for a reason. if you happen to be a 400/50 hr pilot with no chance besides go jet, this would be a great opportunity to get some 121 experience, pick up some multi time. however with the 1900 s going away soon, you will also be a reserve pilot and unless they use you a lot, its a risk. if you start class oct you will hit the line in dec, 5 planes is 30 fo s at best. i thought awac had this deal in the bag. i would apply there if you have the time especially it they land the midwest flying. they will need to staff 200 pilots, that is a lot of recruiting, guys with 1000/100 should have a good shot at that at a company far superior. don't mean to be conceited, the sky x pilots i ever met were QUALITY people, but the company seems to be on its way out. what the hell do i know, if i knew any better i would have stayed in college.

didn't they park couple of 1900s due to wing spar cracks which would put them in the 6-7 plane category??? i thought they were going down to 5 1900s by december. all the fo s left for a reason. if you happen to be a 400/50 hr pilot with no chance besides go jet, this would be a great opportunity to get some 121 experience, pick up some multi time. however with the 1900 s going away soon, you will also be a reserve pilot and unless they use you a lot, its a risk. if you start class oct you will hit the line in dec, 5 planes is 30 fo s at best. i thought awac had this deal in the bag. i would apply there if you have the time especially it they land the midwest flying. they will need to staff 200 pilots, that is a lot of recruiting, guys with 1000/100 should have a good shot at that at a company far superior. don't mean to be conceited, the sky x pilots i ever met were QUALITY people, but the company seems to be on its way out. what the hell do i know, if i knew any better i would have stayed in college.
Rah Rah Air Wisconsin!!!!!!!! Goooooooooooooooooooooo Willy.
When did AWAC have this deal sealed.

The day TH became the ultra cheapo CEO of MidEX. C'mon Mousestache face facts you guys are gettin a rim job wehther you want it or not. And stop defending the management they suck now and they sucked when I worked there.

RW

If there is an OCT class do you guys think they would have made calls to the people who are in the pool yet? (like me) Is the class date official or is it in the making? Is there anybody else in the pool for the next Skyway class out there?

Look before you leap.

I would think twice before going to Skyway unless you have no other viable options. Skyway is hiring 1900 FO's and that's where you will stay if you are hired. Skyway had 25 airplanes at one point and they have about 19 now. The company is shrinking but still short on pilots because the attrition is massive, especially among junior FO's. The pay is low, the schedules are bad and getting worse and the company seems to be in a state of constant disorganization with no plan for the future. The management team stopped putting effort into to improving employee satisfaction long ago. The only thing that seems sure to happen is that the fleet will shrink; which means no chance of upgrade. This company once had orders for larger planes and planned growth but that all got cancelled. Things have improved considerably for the corporation financially but the growth for Skyway was not reinstated. It looks like a subcontractor will be employed for 50 seat flying and Skyway will eventually be a carrier with 12-16 328's and zero growth. There is never any good news at Skyway and you have to accept that to work there.

If you don't have the time to get on anywhere else and you are just looking to get some 121 turbine SIC time to reach the minimums for another part 121 job Skyway may be the ticket........get in and get out fast. All others beware, be sure you understand what you are getting yourself into. My advice would be to go to the carriers where the growth is. You will be junior forever at Skway. The good news is that if you get hired you probably won't risk furlough. So many people are leaving so fast that even as the airline shrinks they have a pilot shortage. This should tell you something about the company. The other plus is that you will work with good people and you will learn (especially in the 1900) a lot fast. If you still decide to apply after this warning I wish you good luck in the interview and hiring process.

Latest resources

Back