• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway looking for pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where does it say that Skyway is looking? I don't see it on their website or anywhere else....
Message from CP to pilots, looking for 2 classes, One in OCT, one later. Looks like they need them quick, he said to tell our friends to apply.
F CO?

Aren't they looking for pilots because so many of the pilots there now are resigning? I thought that Skyway wasn't going to be renewing the leases on the 1900s and that they will be gone within months and they will only have 10 or so 328Jets. If that is true, what happens to all these new hires once the 1900s are gone in a few months... furloughed??? Maybe i'm wrong, but that would suck to go through the interview process, ground school, sim training, ect. to hold over staffing levels in the 1900 only to be furloughed a few months later.

Hi!

Freight has been slow this summer, and Ford/GM don't look too healthy, so USA Jet said there would be cuts, so people are preparing backup plans.

cliff
LRD

Aren't they looking for pilots because so many of the pilots there now are resigning? I thought that Skyway wasn't going to be renewing the leases on the 1900s and that they will be gone within months and they will only have 10 or so 328Jets. If that is true, what happens to all these new hires once the 1900s are gone in a few months... furloughed??? Maybe i'm wrong, but that would suck to go through the interview process, ground school, sim training, ect. to hold over staffing levels in the 1900 only to be furloughed a few months later.
Better than instructing, leg up on the next interview, maybe attrition will be enogh to keep the job. I guess that descision is up to the applicant. And if I didn't mention it, it's better than instructing!!!

The fact of the matter is this, we have EAS airports that we serve with the 1900, and as long as we have the contracts we need pilots to fly the planes. The 1900's are being phased out, but the plan isn't until 2008. There is going to be plenty of flying in the years to come. We can't just stop flying the EAS routes when we want to. Some other company has to pick up the contract, and until that happens Skyway will be doing the flying.
And the chance to fly for a 121 company only makes you more attractive to other airlines.
The company is good. The pilot group is awsome, I have never worked with a better bunch of people.

As for the 50 seat flying it is going to go to another source, but that changes too.
If you look to the past, you will see that Midwest likes to do things the way they like to do things. What that means is that if things aren't done the way Midwest likes them they could be out fast. And Skyway could see huge growth. Of course the other could be true too.

Uh, who is "they"?

Thanks for spicing up my boring evening at my crashpad! In the immortal words of the great cornholeo, 'Are you threatening me?'

I think "they" are more than capable of living up to Midwest's standard. "they" have a reputation for a quality product, and I think you know that.

Peace.

Uh, who is "they"?

Thanks for spicing up my boring evening at my crashpad! In the immortal words of the great cornholeo, 'Are you threatening me?'

I think "they" are more than capable of living up to Midwest's standard. "they" have a reputation for a quality product, and I think you know that.

Peace.
Always happy to help!
I feel your pain brother, but I'm in MKE bored where are you?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back