• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
End of EAS for Skyway

THURSDAY, Feb. 15, 2007, 11:33 a.m.
By Tom Daykin

Midwest Connect curbs service to U.P.

Midwest Connect plans to drop service to four communities in rural Michigan this spring, a company spokeswoman said.

Midwest Connect, a regional carrier affiliated with Oak Creek-based Midwest Airlines, currently serves Escanaba, Iron Mountain and Ironwood -- all of which are in the Upper Peninsula -- as well as Manistee through a program subsidized by the U.S. Department of Transportation, said spokeswoman Carol Skornicka. The program pays airlines that serve small, remote destinations.

Midwest Connect plans to drop out of the program when its contract ends May 31 because the carrier is phasing out its use of turboprop aircraft, Skornicka said. Another carrier, Great Lakes Aviation, is seeking to pick up the subsidized service after Midwest Connect's contract ends, she said.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=20&date=2/15/2007&id=19072

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorant.

Beautiful!

could someone please fill me in on training.
What is the pay?
Is housing provided?
How long is training?

Training

could someone please fill me in on training.
What is the pay?
Is housing provided?
How long is training?

(Now, it's been a long time since I was a new-hire, so if someone with more recent experience chimes in, I'd take their word over mine, but here it is...)

Pay- 1st year FO pay starts first day of ground school.
Housing- We stayed at the Red Roof down the street from HQ. We got a Skyway discount; the ground school instructors might be able to offer more current suggestions, but at the least there are a few hotels near HQ.
Training- About 3-4 weeks ground school, 10 stimulator sessions, mixed in with a few days off, oral exam, sitting time between ground and sim training, etc. Probably 2 to 2.5 months from beginning to completing sim training.

Good luck! Any word on if you're going to the Beech or Dorkjet?

thanks for the response. In the interview they told me it would be a jet class. But we all know how quickly things change.

Hi!

Glad U got the job, and I hope it goes good for you.

They wouldn't interview me, I think because I was in a non-flying job.

cliff
LRD

Trying to obtain Interview

jgjgjg

Objective:
To obtain a professional pilot position that provides long term opportunity and growth
Certificates & Ratings:
Commercial Pilot: Airplane Single and Multi-Engine Land – Instrument Airplane
Certified Flight Instructor: Airplane Single-Engine Land

Complex, High Performance, High Altitude Endorsements
USAF Aviation Physiology & Altitude Chamber, Beale AFB, CA
FCC Restricted Radio Telephone Operator
U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Trained & Certified
ATP 121 Written Complete: Passed & Valid
First Class Medical: No Limitations
Formal CRM Training
USA Passport
Flight Experience: Jan 29, 2007
Total Time
Pilot-In-Command

Multi-Engine
Instrument

Flight Instructor
Night

Cross Country (50nm+)
Complex
Turbine
Professional Experience:
Kitty Hawk Squadron III, Air Explorer Scouts, B.S.A. (Instructing Oct. 03 – Present)
Flight Instructor providing donated FAR Part 61 flight and ground instruction, manage Cessna 172 squadron aircraft. http://www.squadron3.com.

Blue Skies Aviation (Feb. 2004 – Oct. 05) Continental Training Center (Oct. 05 – Present)
Independent Flight Instructor providing FAR Part 61 flight and ground instruction for pay.

Boy Scouts of America National Scout Supply Store (Summer 1999-March 2002)
Sales, Customer Service
Education:
California State University Northridge: Bachelor of Arts Degree in Geography: Graduation December, 2004
GIS Certificate: Geographical Information Systems (GIS), special emphasis in Cartography
Granada Hills High School, Granada Hills, CA: Graduation June, 2000

Activities:

Eagle Scout with Gold Palm
Vigil Honor Member, Order of Arrow
Aviation Merit Badge Counselor, Boy Scouts of America
Featured in film documentary of Van Nuys Airport, “One Six Right; the Romance of Flying”

What does the future look for Skyway'ers now that the 1900s are going away???

Best of luck guys.

What does the future look for Skyway'ers now that the 1900s are going away???

Best of luck guys.
a quieter d52 and d29 gates at mke, 25r will have no use, more cogestion getting into mke, because you jet guys just can't pull stuff off like we do,
Farewell to the blue collar pilots!!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back