• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skyway Enterprises of Kissimmee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a shame about Tom. I worked for him back in the 80's in YIP and he was a great guy to work for. I heard he had a stroke or something. Maybe that changed him. To bad.

Hello Guys....... WOOOOW! I got to say this seems really serious!

I have very recently been talking to a guy there about the Lear they have. I contacted them in response to an ad posted a month ago. Seems the airplane is in for a 12-yr and wont be out till late Dec. However, this thread raises some very serious questions in my consideration of this company now. Are all of you former employees? Is this company really that much of a POS?

I appreciate the info in advance.

JC

skycaptain, dont take the job, i am a former employee, the company is terrible, they dont folllow any 135 reg, they make you fly illegal. They never paid me correctly on my paycheck, always trying to save money. the ora of the company is bad. No one is happy there, mechanic hate it. planes always break down. I wish you the best my friend in finding a job in these difficult times but i highly recommend you stay AWAY from this company. The owner is really a character and doesnt care about his employees. When i was flying the shorts i had a former captain come up to my plane and he started to scream at the plane when he found out it belonged to Tom. he said that guys ruined 5 years of his life. Skycaptain talk to some other people who worked for tom and they will all tell you stay away from this company, its not worth it. YOu might get your ticket revoked for doing something stupid the company wants you to do. I use to get ramp checked all the time from the FAA who told me that someone complains to them to check up on the company for bad maintenence issues.

Aviation is tough now, who knows when it will change. Jobs are very hard to come by. But, I would strongly advise staying away from this company. They have many issues, a job is not worth your life or certificate. As I mentioned before I did work for them for a very short period of time, I made a mistake. Good luck!

Griff

Re: Verified!!!!

Aviation is tough now, who knows when it will change. Jobs are very hard to come by. But, I would strongly advise staying away from this company. They have many issues, a job is not worth your life or certificate. As I mentioned before I did work for them for a very short period of time, I made a mistake. Good luck!

Thanks for verifying this!!Other pilots still do not know about this outfit!!

skycaptain, dont take the job, i am a former employee, the company is terrible, they dont folllow any 135 reg, they make you fly illegal. They never paid me correctly on my paycheck, always trying to save money. the ora of the company is bad. No one is happy there, mechanic hate it. planes always break down. I wish you the best my friend in finding a job in these difficult times but i highly recommend you stay AWAY from this company. The owner is really a character and doesnt care about his employees. When i was flying the shorts i had a former captain come up to my plane and he started to scream at the plane when he found out it belonged to Tom. he said that guys ruined 5 years of his life. Skycaptain talk to some other people who worked for tom and they will all tell you stay away from this company, its not worth it. YOu might get your ticket revoked for doing something stupid the company wants you to do. I use to get ramp checked all the time from the FAA who told me that someone complains to them to check up on the company for bad maintenence issues.

Listen to what he said. Stay THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. OH, BY THE WAY, THAT DAMN LEAR HAS BEEN IN THE HANGAR FOR YEARS!!!!!! THE MX ON THE SHORTS IS CRAPPY, I REMEMBER 2 CAPTAINS I FLEW WITH FREAKING OUT WHEN WE HAD A DOUBLE ENGINE ROLL BACK/ OUT ON FINAL APPROACH. I LEFT VERY SHORTLY AFTERWARD.

I have done a lot research on this company and I have found out they are the worst operator in these United States. The owner, TL is a sneaky lying individual who uses threat and intimidation on his crews. His Chief Pilot GL does not defend his crews and does EXACTLY what Tom tells him.

The jumpseat abuse is really REALLY bad. You must jumpseat to and from assignment wherever that may be, if you do not you are docked pay or fired. Florida is a right to work state so you have no recourse. They are a member of CASS and have some official aggrements but misuse the system all the time. Tom uses threats and intimidtaion backed up by Greg to force the crews to lie when jumpseating. THIS I HOPE GETS STOPPED!
If anyone from Skyway is jumspeating asking specific questions. Not trying to hurt Skyway pilot's but trying to get this company from the abuse it has gotten away with for so long.

Never mind the really bad pay and working conditions, no maintanence, poor or really no training, misrepresenting themslves to the FAA, lying to clients and the list goes on.

I want to say that I am shocked but I am not anymore. I did not think that companies like this were allowed to fly anymore but in the dark it is difficult to see sometimes. The FAA should shut this operation down period. They should have their certificate revoked. The fact that they fly for Fed Ex as a feeder does surprise me as I would think Fed Ex would not put up with this.

Let's stop the insanity already. Thanks
My dad was one of their pilots I heard TL was a piece of crap

Latest resources

Back