Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

on autopilot

Go ahead, pull my finger.
Anyone know anything about them? They fly shorts and I'm thinking about taking a job with them. Some of the last postings I saw were dated. Anyone have the info on them?

T- Gates is the master of the universe in airline info. Takes his word. Dont go there. He should have ignorned me when I got him the job there. hihihihih

Well everyone, I started Indoc today at Skyway. The quick take, you ask?

Skyway has improved all the way around. ALL UNAIRWORTHY AIRCRAFT ARE BEING PARTED OUT. They are trying to grow, bidding UPS and whatever else is they can get thier hands on. Currently staffing for AD-HOC as well as Puerto Rico, also the MIA to NAS run. If your low time, they will give you a chance. They will put you up for training, but you have to buy your own lunch and dinner. The hotel provides a gut buster breakfast.

The planes conditions as I said before have improved, with anti-corrision treatments being applied, and if the a/c isn't up to snuff, it gets parted out. Maintenance is up to snuff, as well as encouragements to sqauwk whatever is wrong with the A/C. I was so concerned about this company, I went as far as calling the Orlando FSDO as well asking around for thier reputation. I was told by the FSDO that they comply with all applicable regulations. As far as local rumors by disinterested third parties, they have a good reputation, their maintenance has even gotten work from companies outside of Skyway. If your looking for that first flying job, I would definently call Skyway, check it out for yourself, and I am not being biased. If I felt this company was unsafe, I would have RAN AWAY!!

Well, I'll keep you all informed. Take care, and get those apps in!!!
user_online.gif

Wow you have the entire company nailed on the first day! Based on....... what they told you! Hahahahahahahahaha! Places like that don't change just because of a shutdown, unless the man at the top is gone. Glad to see that you took the straight forward advice from guys that really worked there.

If you are for real and not just the CP trying to drum up some apps, come back in 6 months or a year and spread the good news then. Get out on the line and see if the fear and scare tactics from mgt are still there. See what gets fixed after you write it up...... or try to.

Batfish

Just my observation so far. I will take you guys' advice and see how it goes. If it is unsafe, I'm doin a T-Gates okay? Besides, One never knows how long one will be here, ;).....................

Dude, what are you doing? Right now PSA and MESA are hiring guys with wet tickets, maybe not the best jobs but much better than Skyway.

I wish you the best of luck, 'on autopilot'. Let us know how it goes....
I saw a couple of Skyways Shorts up at Rockford last night.

Well everyone, this is my update.......(sigh) T Gates you were right, I guess the first flying job Syndrome got to me, I do have an interview with Piedmont coming up. Anyone have the gouge on the 50 question ATP?

P.S. Your flying a shorts 360, when suddenly, it decides to autofeather BOTH ENGINES all by itself and your 300 ft off the ground.(It does this numerous times even in cruise flight) As a requirement, you have to go up on the wing and check the oil, and oh by the way, this thing is 30 ft off the ground, use this 20 ft ladder to get up there, its pretty slippery so if you fall hey, tough,- so you say, shouldn't a mechanic be doing this? Yea, but we don't have a mechanic where your at,and don't worry that the gyros don't work in this aircraft, and to save money for our customers on ad-hoc you guys now will load thier frieght for them and if those guys in the bahamas don't feel like unloading the plane, guess what that make you??? And be prepared to work as much as 20 days straight, and don't complain when I don't want to pay for your hotel room, now excuse me as I step into my lear jet for a family outing with my wife..................you pilot b$tches!!! And that damn check ride!!! I'm doing it and he's yelling at my like I'm a kid, puting his hand on mine, etc.

I have seen the light, when another oppurtunity comes along, I'm gone!!!

Latest resources

Back