Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW: SkyWest has finalized an agreement to acquire 100 Mitsubishi Regional Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "100 seater?" For who? The only way to change legacy scope is in BK, and with consolidation, it will be tougher to get there due to less competition and fares remaining higher. I guess you can try an "Indy Air" type operation, but that didn't turn out so well. Also, the jet you ordered, has it flown yet? Do you know anything about it? I flew an FAA mx inspector to Nagoya to look over initial work on it and he had some "choice" words that I won't repeat. I'm sure it will......turn out.....great. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Look who you have running your airline. Bankruptcy is part of the NW business model. Get what you can through negotiations, get the rest from the judge. The first thing Anderson did was violate all of his vendor contracts, then said sue me and let's see what you get. I wouldn't be so cocksure if I were you.

The only reason Delta is laying out the cash for those 900's is because a regional with a couple hundred 90 seaters would be a viable "independent" airline and with SkyWest Inc. operating half of you flight schedule, there wouldn't be too much you could do about it. Sign up for domestic code share or go the way of Pan Am.

Bye Bye---Commuter Pilot:eek:

The only reason Delta is laying out the cash for those 900's is because a regional with a couple hundred 90 seaters would be a viable "independent" airline and with SkyWest Inc. operating half of you flight schedule, there wouldn't be too much you could do about it. Sign up for domestic code share or go the way of Pan Am.

Bye Bye---Commuter Pilot:eek:

Apparently you're not familiar with the Delta PWA.

Apparently you're not familiar with the Delta PWA.

If we operate half of you flight schedule and carry 25% of you passengers and decided that the terms of your latest CPA are unacceptable, you PWA would be bumwad. That is why Anderson is spending billions on RJ's, so he holds the leash on them. If we have 200 MRJ's and a few hundred -700's and -900's, you can keep your 40 -900's and let Gojets fly them. Delta represent's less than half of our flying and that proportion is shrinking.

If we operate half of you flight schedule and carry 25% of you passengers and decided that the terms of your latest CPA are unacceptable, you PWA would be bumwad. That is why Anderson is spending billions on RJ's, so he holds the leash on them. If we have 200 MRJ's and a few hundred -700's and -900's, you can keep your 40 -900's and let Gojets fly them. Delta represent's less than half of our flying and that proportion is shrinking.

Then we're agreed. You won't be flying the Mutsu's for Delta. Good luck with "Indy II."

Then we're agreed. You won't be flying the Mutsu's for Delta. Good luck with "Indy II."

Agreed, but a lot of Delta passengers will probably get to ATL, MSP, JFK and SLC on SkyWest Airlines. Thanks for the good wishes. You also.

Start small, and you'd be just fine. The experimental code-share with Airtran wasn't for nothing. It was testing the waters.

If I remember correctly it went well too. Had SWA not purchased AT I believe the code share would have grown.

Latest resources

Back