Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW: SkyWest has finalized an agreement to acquire 100 Mitsubishi Regional Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MRJ90 isnt allowed under DAL scope and with the latest order of 900's it looks like DAL will max scope out with the CRJ-900's.

...until the latest generous pilot raises conveniently cause Delta to go back into bankruptcy, at which time they outsource all remaining narrow-body flying to the regionals.

I'm joking, but half of me would not be shocked if they intentionally pulled something like that off (again).

I just hope none of those end up with an Eskimo on their tails. Unless I'm in the left seat. . .

I just hope none of those end up with an Eskimo on their tails. Unless I'm in the left seat. . .

So you are saying that if alaska purchased these A/C you would enjoy taking a pay cut to fly them. Probably not. I love the whole "I wont fly them for that rate but I dont want anybody else flying them at that rate either"

...until the latest generous pilot raises conveniently cause Delta to go back into bankruptcy, at which time they outsource all remaining narrow-body flying to the regionals.

I'm joking, but half of me would not be shocked if they intentionally pulled something like that off (again).

They just sealed a deal with SWA (AT) and Boeing to have SWA pay over $100 million to refurb the 88 717s, plus supposedly at the end of the 10 year sub-lease DL has the option to buy the 717s from Boeing for THEN markets rates. What do you think a 717 will be worth in 10 years? Used MD90s DL are getting now from Japan and China are SUPPOSEDLY around $8 million each, including the engines. In other words, I think DL has the plane they want for the "100" seat market for the next 15 years or so.

Bye Bye---General Lee

They just sealed a deal with SWA (AT) and Boeing to have SWA pay over $100 million to refurb the 88 717s, plus at the end of the 10 year sub-lease DL has the option to buy the 717s from Boeing for THEN markets rates. What do you think a 717 will be worth in 10 years? Used MD90s DL are getting now from Japan and China are SUPPOSEDLY around $8 million each, including the engines. In other words, I think DL has the plane they want for the "100" seat market for the next 15 years or so.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Looks like SkyWest does as well. And more of them.

So you are saying that if alaska purchased these A/C you would enjoy taking a pay cut to fly them. Probably not. I love the whole "I wont fly them for that rate but I dont want anybody else flying them at that rate either"

What's wrong with that position?

We don't want flying outsourced and we want well paid pilots. Is it more complicated than that?

How about we use B6 E190 pay rates as a baseline and go from there.

Is the first year pay there still $22.00?

That is what APC lists it at; I find that hard to believe.

Looks like SkyWest does as well. And more of them.

The "100 seater?" For who? The only way to change legacy scope is in BK, and with consolidation, it will be tougher to get there due to less competition and fares remaining higher. I guess you can try an "Indy Air" type operation, but that didn't turn out so well. Also, the jet you ordered, has it flown yet? Do you know anything about it? I flew an FAA mx inspector to Nagoya to look over initial work on it and he had some "choice" words that I won't repeat. I'm sure it will......turn out.....great. Good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
MRJ90 isnt allowed under DAL scope and with the latest order of 900's it looks like DAL will max scope out with the CRJ-900's.
The MRJ90 is also not allowed under the new(if passed) UAL Scope unless it is mysteriously certified at under 86000 LBS. No that would never happen right:)

Latest resources

Back