Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW: SkyWest has finalized an agreement to acquire 100 Mitsubishi Regional Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2017 is an eternity in this industry.

Has it occurred to anyone that these planes may not be flown by SkyWest or ASA/XJet? Most of you have no idea how Jerry operates. Do you know that Skywest also has a plane leasing company? Do you know that Jerry has made deals before for planes (though not this many at one time) and then sold the slots to other airlines. Jerry is a speculator with planes and he makes money at it. Do you know who Steven Udvar-Hazy is and his relationship with SkyWest?

I can also say that whenever SkyWest has bought airplanes before, that within 24 hours or so, management have come out and spoken about it and what it means for the company. Well Jerry and the gang are completely mum on this. Not a word, complete silence from all. I'm finding it all strange. The press release mentioning that these are replacement aircraft is BS. Something else is going on and I don't think he's planning on an Indy type operation either. Mitsubishi has to meet certain conditions, like deliver it when they say or Jerry can break this contract. But this deal gives SkyWest, Inc a lot of options depending on how this industry goes the next few years.

Well if you go back to July 11 and read Brad Rich's memo about the agreement, it clearly states:
"These 100 aircraft would be replacement aircraft for current ExpressJet and SkyWest Airlines fleets and are fully intended to fly under contract with major partners. They are not growth aircraft".

Now I know things can change over time and probably will but figured I would just throw this out for reference.

Well if you go back to July 11 and read Brad Rich's memo about the agreement, it clearly states:
"These 100 aircraft would be replacement aircraft for current ExpressJet and SkyWest Airlines fleets and are fully intended to fly under contract with major partners. They are not growth aircraft".

Now I know things can change over time and probably will but figured I would just throw this out for reference.

Whose scope clause would this aircraft be able to operate under? Alaska, jetBlue, and Virgin? Honest question.

All true. When it's parked on the ramp and they tell you to go fly it, then you can believe it. I know who Steve Hazy is, he has been on the SkyWest BOD for a long time.

Realize that the first delivery of these aircraft won't be until Hillary is President. Anything can happen in the mean time.

Jon, you really need to delete/change that second paragraph!! YUCK!!!:puke:

Eveyone is so bent on how much the MRJ weights. And it has'nt even flown yet... TSA will have the same problem with the 50 they ordered.. Im sure this was thought out before Jerry would drop cash on 100 of them...

It will be certified to meet the requirements under the contract where it is flown, just like the CRJ 705 was a 900 but certified at 75.

If anybody thinks they spent $4.2 BILLION on aircraft and haven't already figured out where they are going or who they will fly for you are out of touch. Just because it hasn't been announced does not mean that it hasn't already been agreed to.

They bough xpressjet without thinking it through, per ja, I hope this has been thought out a little better.

If code-sharing is the future of this industry, no one is in a better position to succeed than SkyWest, Inc. Let's the chips fall where they may.

If there are pilots willing to fly them. By 2017 1500 hr pilots will have many better options. I'm telling young pilots to build quality time at pt 91 and 135 operators, since they'll feel the crunch sooner and jobs will be plentiful. Then re-evaluate their position when they reach 1500. It won't be necessary to take a paycut and work in the unfriendly regional sector as a stepping stone to the majors by then.

In our negotiations they company is trying to drive down pay and qol, it will backfire when pilots leave and no replacements come here.

I see these as replacement aircraft only. By the time these things show up, our original CRJ-700's will be pushing 15 years old. That is about all these -200's have shown to be good for. The C-series would be great, but they are remaining mainline gauge equipment. The MRJ is allowed by all our puppeteers.
Fixed for ya..

Latest resources

Back