Skyw question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

7humpwump

I was thinking about attending one of the Skywest group interviews in Dec. However, I first had a couple questions that maybe someone could help me with.

1. Since bases are at a lot of the outstations, are trips mostly out and backs?

2. Chances of getting ORD out of training?

3. What's the commute like for east coast guys?

4. If my passport is currently under the renewal process (I had to send in my old one), should I still attend the interview since they require applicants to show their passports?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

To add to the list...

Will they fly you out for the interview or is that out of your pocket?
Do they pick up the hotel in SLC or is that also out of your pocket?

TIA

I can answer #2...

There were 37 in our CRJ class and most wanted ORD, only 2 got it right away since SLC is going very junior for FOs right now. Those in our class who didn't get it, put in a standing bid and I've heard through the grapevine that most got approved.

For your passport, if you have proof that you have one, you should be ok for the group interview. A photocopy will do. When I went in mid-Sept, they didn't even ask for any of the required paperwork. Just collected resumes.

Good luck.

To add to the list...

Will they fly you out for the interview or is that out of your pocket?
Do they pick up the hotel in SLC or is that also out of your pocket?

TIA
The "full interview" they fly you positive space. They will send you hotel information, but you gotta spring for it. Stay at the Candlewood - it's only about $40. The shuttle runs to the hangar several times between 7 and 8 am. Make sure you reserve your room asap since they're pretty full and sign up for the shuttle as soon as you check in.

This is what I think, below

I was thinking about attending one of the Skywest group interviews in Dec. However, I first had a couple questions that maybe someone could help me with.

1. Since bases are at a lot of the outstations, are trips mostly out and backs?

--- The small outstations are very senior. The trips will filter through the hubs with out and backs at the hubs until your trip is over at the outstation.

2. Chances of getting ORD out of training?

--- Very Good, but right now SLC is growing huge.

3. What's the commute like for east coast guys?

---From what I understand the east coast commute to ORD is better than the west coast.

4. If my passport is currently under the renewal process (I had to send in my old one), should I still attend the interview since they require applicants to show their passports?

---As long as you have a valid Passport your good. They know that passports have to be renewed I think they will understand that. As long as you have it before you start school.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

I was thinking about going to an SkyWest open house too but I have a few questions:

1) Is there any chance there will ever be a fair and seperate pay scale for seperate aircraft types, or is it going to stay how it is now?

2) Is there any chance the pilot group may grow a backbone or perhaps unionize, or is it going to stay how it is now?

Thanks!

I was thinking about going to an SkyWest open house too but I have a few questions:

1) Is there any chance there will ever be a fair and seperate pay scale for seperate aircraft types, or is it going to stay how it is now?

2) Is there any chance the pilot group may grow a backbone or perhaps unionize, or is it going to stay how it is now?

Thanks!

1) Probably not...

2) Also unlikely(too many SJS pukes).

1) Probably not...

2) Also unlikely(too many SJS pukes).

HAHAHA!!! LOL! that's funny because Skywest and RAH are the ONLY regionals that dont hire SJS riddle punks. They actually require their pilots to have flown a plane and have a minimum number of hours and they can't be bought by mommy and daddy.
Lots of union regionals out there that love 500 hour CRJ type rated boys and girls.....Whiskey, Mesa, ASA, Xjet, PSA, AE, PNCL.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back