• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW CRJ2 in ATL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats to the passionate employees of SkyWest for being 3rd on the DOT on-time arrival list for July, now on the downside, our sister carrier was at the bottom(18th) just ahead of Comair. What gives? On a side note, SkyWest, Inc August traffic rose 8.5%.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/DOT-releases-airline-delay-apf-3260885375.html?x=0&.v=1

With Delta being below industry average and Airtan being darn near the bottom, I'd say that flying out of ATL has something to do with that.... that's just my guess though

With Delta being below industry average and Airtan being darn near the bottom, I'd say that flying out of ATL has something to do with that.... that's just my guess though

You're way out of line, Mister. Don't come in here spewing facts while others are trying to put a bad face on this. What our monthly on time when we took out weather and ATC? Better than 90%?

maybe, but um we fly out of SFO-usually a GDP, LAX, ORD and SLC. Anyway, But wait, what explains Comair's ranking.

Last edited:
maybe, but um we fly out of SFO-usually a GDP, LAX, ORD and SLC. Anyway, I believe DOT doesn't include wx and atc delays in this report. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the 1st time.
But wait, what explains Comair's ranking.

yeah but your flying is all spread out over those places where ours is in one place mainly. Those aren't all usually delayed at the same time.

maybe, but um we fly out of SFO-usually a GDP, LAX, ORD and SLC. Anyway, I believe DOT doesn't include wx and atc delays in this report. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the 1st time.
But wait, what explains Comair's ranking.

It's not too hard to be on time when you plan all your flights at mach .64!

yeah but your flying is all spread out over those places where ours is in one place mainly. Those aren't all usually delayed at the same time.

okay, but SFO GDP occurs almost everyday, every Brasilia flt usually gets delayed. Typical afternoon thunderstorms in Den and the front range and not including the rookie atc controllers in training. Then you have Ord-UAL union rampers and wx, one cell over the airfield, see ya- GDP for the rest of the day along with United stealing all of our good flow times. Slc-usually no issues, they basically keep Delta's ontime from being in the basement. Other than that I'm probably wrong about the exclusion of wx and atc, I'm thinking of our performance reward ontime statisitc.
Its hard to keep ontime when you have Delta working your gates in ATL.
Not trying to be negative on ASA. Just disappointed on the numbers on the ASA side for July. Thats all. Once the thunderstorm season subsides the numbers should improve.
What about Comair?

Last edited:
okay, but SFO GDP occurs almost everyday, every Brasilia flt usually gets delayed. Typical afternoon thunderstorms in Den and the front range and not including the rookie atc controllers in training. Then you have Ord-UAL union rampers and wx, one cell over the airfield, see ya- GDP for the rest of the day along with United stealing all of our good flow times. Slc-usually no issues, they basically keep Delta's ontime from being in the basement. Other than that I'm probably wrong about the exclusion of wx and atc, I'm thinking of our performance reward ontime statisitc.
Not trying to be negative on ASA. Just disappointed on the numbers on the ASA side for July. Thats all. Once the thunderstorm season subsides the numbers should improve.
What about Comair?

Your an idiot and have NO idea what your talking about. San Franciso in terms of traffic movements is 24th and Denver is ranked 5th. Those two airports COMBINED still barely edge in front of Atlanta, neither of those airports comes close to sniffing the ass of atlanta when it comes to congestion.

This has been said quite a bit lately, as well. Frankly, I gotta call BS on this line of thought. There are very few pilots at ASA, or other carriers, that can leave the airline industry and immediately find a job that pays them enough to maintain their accustomed lifestyle.

Just reality, folks. Also, this reality is part of why 5 day schedules are even a potential option in the arsenal of the collective management.

How many FOs do you know that have second jobs? Think about that for a second. How much do FOs make? How easy would it be to replace the income from the airline with another low-paying job. My 2nd job in particular pays more per hour than my job as an FO and they'd be happy to give me more hours.

5 day trips? Nuh uh, I'm out and I wouldn't take much of a hit on the income. I stay here because I have hope that things will improve and I'll eventually leave my current employer for slightly greener pastures as a pilot which is my profession of choice... I enjoy flying, I do NOT enjoy flying for my current employer.

What about Comair?

This is a common argument against ASA in ATL. Numbers are in the low 90 % for ontime in September. Atlanta gets low viz quite a bit, and with that comes massive delays for the World's Busiest Airport. It's a major pain in the ass, believe me. Kind of weird in the Summer when you get an EDC time at 0530! It sucks, but it's good for overblock! Additionally, once your 2-3 hours late due to WX, everything else gets backed up and slows. It's a tough environment, cuz ATL gets a lot of IROPS, even now in the slower season.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back