• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW CRJ2 in ATL?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just love reading posts from all those here that talk about spending time at home with a family, hating hotels, wanting to be home every night, miserable with their odd schedules..etc. etc.

Did you not research this sh!t?? Are you completely flipping clueless?? Did you really think you would be home every night as an airline crewmember?? Did you think you wouldn't be staying in hotels? Don't you choose to live somewhere other than you work?? Jesus J. Mother Flocking Gonzalez. Idiots.

"I'm gone from home all the time" waaaaaaahhhh
"I hate staying in these hotels" waaaaaaahhhhhh
"Why do I have to work on Saturdays?" waaaah wahhhhhhhhh waaaaah
"This commute sucks, I hate coming to work." waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

waaaahaahhhhhhh waaaaaahhhhhhhhh waaaahhahhhhhhhhahhahahhh

Stick a pacifier in your mouth. Panty waste.

W

Did you not research this sh!t?? Are you completely flipping clueless?? Did you really think you would be home every night as an airline crewmember?? Did you think you wouldn't be staying in hotels? Don't you choose to live somewhere other than you work?? Jesus J. Mother Flocking Gonzalez. Idiots.

W

I researched, oh I researched... there's a reason I'm where I am instead of a few other unnamed regionals where life would be a LOT worse if I was still even employed... That being said, after being at an airline for a while, theoretically things get BETTER... scheduled are supposed to get better, money is supposed to get better, QOL is supposed to get better... I know it'll never be what it used to be but for the love of G-d, when is it going to be MY turn? The airline has the chance and ability to MAKE things better for everyone but refuses, that and how management will react and what moves it will make CANNOT be researched or foreseen...

You seem to either have different priorities or already have the QOL and money you strived for, good for you! Enjoy your free time and money and take up a hobby, enrich yourself and rise above the slimy posts you crap out and leave us to our complaining and plights.

FlightInfo is NOT a place to give advice, help fellow pilots or learn things/gain insights... it's a place to complain, air grievances and get things off your chest anonymously. With over 1000 posts one would think you'd already be on board with that as you've seemed to have had a lot of complaints over the years.

Last edited:
I researched, oh I researched... there's a reason I'm where I am instead of a few other unnamed regionals where life would be a LOT worse if I was still even employed... That being said, after being at an airline for a while, theoretically things get BETTER... scheduled are supposed to get better, money is supposed to get better, QOL is supposed to get better... I know it'll never be what it used to be but for the love of G-d, when is it going to be MY turn? The airline has the chance and ability to MAKE things better for everyone but refuses, that and how management will react and what moves it will make CANNOT be researched or foreseen...

You seem to either have different priorities or already have the QOL and money you strived for, good for you! Enjoy your free time and money and take up a hobby, enrich yourself and rise above the slimy posts you crap out and leave us to our complaining and plights.

FlightInfo is NOT a place to give advice, help fellow pilots or learn things/gain insights... it's a place to complain, air grievances and get things off your chest anonymously. With over 1000 posts one would think you'd already be on board with that as you've seemed to have had a lot of complaints over the years.

Third year FO pay and i work just about every weekend, Mr. Whiney McWhinerson. As for any past complaining i've done, it's 98.7% complaining about all the fargin dorks and idiots here.

Sounds like you are one of those wide eyed Top Gun dreamers that thought he/she would be in the right seat of a "mainline" in 4-5 years? Oops.

FI News Alert.
beepbeepbeepbabeepbeepbabeepbeepbabeep

This just in, AIRLINE CAREER NOT CONDUSIVE TO FAMILY LIFE AND 9-5 LIFESTYLE. Full story at 10.

W

Sounds like you are one of those wide eyed Top Gun dreamers that thought he/she would be in the right seat of a "mainline" in 4-5 years? Oops.

This just in, AIRLINE CAREER NOT CONDUSIVE TO FAMILY LIFE AND 9-5 LIFESTYLE. Full story at 10.

W

Powers of mind reading are not your strong suit. If I ever go to a mainline it will be under the right conditions and based at home. This may well be my last 121 job though, sick of it and how we treat passengers. This is a customer service industry and there is none, especially in ATL. Not the point of this thread. Not top gunner myself, didn't go to a pilot mill, was a CFI, loved it and would go back to it if it paid anywhere near what I make now. Home every night and I loved teaching. I'll do it again someday when I have some days off work and am not trying to make it paycheck to paycheck.

Enough of me though, this is your thread, seems you have a lot of anger. Single are ya?

Powers of mind reading are not your strong suit. If I ever go to a mainline it will be under the right conditions and based at home. This may well be my last 121 job though, sick of it and how we treat passengers. This is a customer service industry and there is none, especially in ATL. Not the point of this thread. Not top gunner myself, didn't go to a pilot mill, was a CFI, loved it and would go back to it if it paid anywhere near what I make now. Home every night and I loved teaching. I'll do it again someday when I have some days off work and am not trying to make it paycheck to paycheck.

Enough of me though, this is your thread, seems you have a lot of anger. Single are ya?

Anger? Okay. So my making fun of clueless airline pilots constitutes anger? Got it. I say too bad they/you didn't know what to expect or are so disenchanted with the career.

I didn't start this thread either. I chimed in after reading several posts. Why do you care so much about the passengers?? They are mostly ungrateful morons who can't follow simple signs and directions and want a filet mignon and a BJ with their $69 one way ticket. 86% of whom can't even look my in the eye and thank me for getting them safely to their destination as they de-plane.

Sounds to me like you are taking my post a little personal. It wasn't aimed directly at you, but alas....nail meet head.

W

I just love reading posts from all those here that talk about spending time at home with a family, hating hotels, wanting to be home every night, miserable with their odd schedules..etc. etc.

"I'm gone from home all the time" waaaaaaahhhh
"I hate staying in these hotels" waaaaaaahhhhhh
"Why do I have to work on Saturdays?" waaaah wahhhhhhhhh waaaaah
"This commute sucks, I hate coming to work." waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

waaaahaahhhhhhh waaaaaahhhhhhhhh waaaahhahhhhhhhhahhahahhh

W

HEll YEA! Best post I've seen on FI in a very long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You simply can't get any more hypocritical than that. Let's face some facts here, Joe. You clearly don't give a d@mn about fatigue related safety issues. What you are concerned about is your schedule and your quality of life that you have attained by virtue of your seniority. You don't want the rules to change at all because you are, probably correctly, concerned that your quality of life or earnings will take a hit.

Frankly, TFB.

You have the schedule that you have because the company builds some lines that allow for adequate rest, these would be the lines that you are senior enough to hold, and builds other lines that do not allow for adequate rest, which the rest of us get. Stated another way, you enjoy the opportunity to hold a schedule that works for you at the cost of your coworkers inability to hold a schedule that realistically addresses fatigue issues.

Fatige is a serious threat to the safety of airline transportation. This has been shown multiple time well prior to the tragic Colgan accident. To attempt to stonewall meaningful progress on this clear and present threat to the safety of airline operations becasue of perceived decreases to your personal quality of life or earnings is shameful and incredibly selfish.

TFB? I guess you don't care about anyone elses perspective on this....

Allow me to correct you on some of your ASSumptions.

1. I do care about being safe...I want to go home at the end of the day as much as the next guy...I don't have a death wish.

2. I have used the "fatigue" call when I felt it was appropriate. I never heard another word about it.

3. You said:

"You have the schedule that you have because the company builds some lines that allow for adequate rest"

I prefer to bid the ones that have bare bones rest with long days...That allows for more days off. There are much easier 4 day trips that I often swap out of for brutal 3 day trips. You would be wrong in this ASSumption.

4. "prior to the Colgan accident" Once again, scheduled rest and duty day played NO factor in this accident...They had plenty of scheduled rest. Inexperience and pilot error were the primary causes of this accident and the PNCL accident....If you really want to improve safety, you need to increase the requirements to sit in the cockpit of a Part 121 air carrier.

5. If safety is the primary motivator here, then why don't we limit commuters who come in the day of flying, or fly red eyes to work. How about those who sleep in the crew lounge chairs? How about Naps? How about all night flying? Let's be consistent if safety is our PRIMARY motivator...I suspect those things wouldn't be popular...

Glen, here is a link to the CAA rest rules and duty time rules....There is chart that shows the sliding scale of duty day limits based on number of legs...Those of us who do primarily short leg regional flying will take the biggest hit...The 50 seater is going to get harder than the 70 seater because of the shorter legs we do. 10-11 hour duty days will decimate the productivity of our days.
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP371.PDF

Latest resources

Back