• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW ALPA convert

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
glad to see MG come out and defend MN. he is a standup guy with more integrity than all the daves rolled into one!

Boy, it's getting good over at the Sapa forums. Get out the popcorn. DL has gone in to hiding.

Yeah, he's a little worried now how this might play out....people talking about "recalls" and if Livingston doesnt deliver on promises made to brad what becomes of that future position brad had mentioned once or twice. Worst case, he doesnt just retire from skywest with no goto position but he is tossed outta skywest by thousands of angry pilots who saw him for what he was a pseudo-scab.....scab-like without fitting the exact traditional defintion since he didnt physically cross a picket line but did everything else to sell out his peers for his own self gain.

Sapa rep Batha is hillarious in his interpretations....especially this last one about "adminsitrative leader". From the court info M.E. said he was the administrative head of Sapa. Does that mean Condelissa Rice is the Head of the Bush Whitehouse?

You guys need to get that organization out of there. After the first sapa guy left to Fedex (Schmidtke), that organization has done nothing but pretend to represent you. I think those individuals who prop up their own agenda need to be called out. In fact if there are any of them looking for major airline jobs I think everybody should know who these guys are and how they hurt the industry and be blocked from carrying their cancer to other carriers. Do any of you Skywest guys have a list of the management wannabes or those causing so much damage over there? On the flip side lets try to help those who supported the industry, perhaps a preferrential hiring list of sorts. I was at Skywest far too long and eventually punched out after seeing it go down hill with Sapa in charge. I think I know who some of these characters are but it would be nice to have a list circulating to help those willing to fight for the pilots and block those who are in bed with management from moving on to other carriers. Bottom line is if they don't support the agenda of all pilots we dont want them at the majors or anywhere else.

Last edited:
i would say that the guys that are really causing the problem dont want to leave. they have it far too cushy here, or in one case, is about to retire. they guys that actually care are trying to leave because it getting so messed up. but while they are here, they are trying to help make it better...kudos to them and they have my full support

skypine69 and Sedona16,

honest question. have you guys run for SAPA rep? served in the past?

I guarantee that if or when ALPA comes on board, and guys like me will be tempted to mockingly scream 'where are you ALPA' everytime I stub my toe I(a la a certain hillbilly who fell assbackwards into $, but now complains he's not getting enough from SW), that the response will be 'what have YOU done? volunteer your time!'

again, go with what works best, I always say.

skypine69 and Sedona16,

again, go with what works best, I always say.

...And that is SAPA?

I think referring to SAPA as the SkyWest Airlines Pilot "Association" is an insult to "Associations" all over the world.

SkyNation, your feelings towards ALPA aside, are you really that naive? A lot of us were involved in SAPA way back at the begining, actually before it was called SAPA. But we saw it for what it is, a management ploy. Have SAPA do what you want, and then advertise it as: "SAPA and management have agreed on..."

There is no point in supporting SAPA. What is happening to MN has happened to other guys who tried to stand up against management. In my opinion SAPA is the worst thing that could have happened to the pilot group because management uses SAPA to hide their true intentions.

Since there is a confidentiality agreement, and certain guys with ulterior motives, the average pilot has no idea what's going on.

skynation

yes. sapa is a joke. make no mistake about that. it is a system which management uses to make the pilots feel good. BH gets what BH wants. every once in awhile he throws the pilots a bone. alpa aint gods gift the world but it has to be better than sapa. there is one reason for that. the threat of a strike. i dont ever want to have a strike, but i can tell you that when it comes down to it that is all labor has. remove labor from the equation and management sometimes listens.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back