• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW/AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's all we need, piss off Delta even more by competing with them in their own backyard. Yup, DOA.

Don't shoot the messenger. I agree, let's kill the rumor then. Just wanted to see if anyone else had heard this ridiculous rumor and if there was any merit to it. Obviously not.

Don't shoot the messenger. I agree, let's kill the rumor then. Just wanted to see if anyone else had heard this ridiculous rumor and if there was any merit to it. Obviously not.

XPOO,

This one came out of left field for me!! After AirWilly cnx's their connect, I didn't think AirTran was interested in connection ever again. Typical of the airline industry though, things can change in a New York minute. Who knows, good to see rumors circulating again, however, hopefully means growth again--eventually!

Trojan

I had heard SKYW was going to open up a Detroit base and close their atlanta base. Skyw's flying in Atlanta will be transferred back to ASA and SKYW will pick up some of the new delta northwest flying out of DTW to make up for CVG closing.

Look for it in January.

XPOO,

This one came out of left field for me!! After AirWilly cnx's their connect, I didn't think AirTran was interested in connection ever again. Typical of the airline industry though, things can change in a New York minute. Who knows, good to see rumors circulating again, however, hopefully means growth again--eventually!

Trojan

I wouldn't have given it a second thought had the F/O not said that AirTran pilots were telling him about it. Could it possibly have something to do with finding flying for the ASA 50s? Is there really a shot that either OO or EV gets the new UA RP? Who knows right?

I wouldn't have given it a second thought had the F/O not said that AirTran pilots were telling him about it. Could it possibly have something to do with finding flying for the ASA 50s? Is there really a shot that either OO or EV gets the new UA RP? Who knows right?

Exactly, who knows?

Trojan

sounds like our flying is decreasing at OO

"As the winter schedules are finalized you'll notice a pronounced seasonal reduction due to the economy this year. We're not going to be flying as many airplanes."

Airtran looses money on 50 seaters. Breaks even at 70. and can make a profit at 86 and up. Thats why they've been trying to get scope up to 100 seats for the last 5 years. Thats how it was explained to me anyways. Keep up the good fight.

Airtran looses money on 50 seaters. Breaks even at 70. and can make a profit at 86 and up. Thats why they've been trying to get scope up to 100 seats for the last 5 years. Thats how it was explained to me anyways. Keep up the good fight.

Those guys need their F&*%^'n head examined if they give up any scope.

3, 2, 1...

eP.

Latest resources

Back