Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XPOO

You are now free to...
Anyone else heard anything "substantial" on this rumor floating around?

hahahahaha

no

That's a first, but I can see it now, Jerry yanks all the 737s out of ATL, puts in SKW 900s and the 73s go to Salt Lake and Brazil. ASA slowly gets parted out and dies before even ComAir while SKYW takes over the DAL flying.

No, I just heard that AirTran is looking into some 50-seat service. That's all. Could be total made up bs. Thought I would put a feeler out.

About 6 months ago a guy from the crashpad I was at ran into CC at the MCO airport. CC said he was there talking to Air tran.

AirTran tried the 50 seat deal a few years ago w/ Air Wisconsin CRJs. Didnt work out for some reason.

I was on the jumpseat the other day out of Atlanta and the F/O said he personally had AirTran pilots come up and say the same exact thing. But that's as far as the rumbling goes at this point.

http://milwaukee.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2004/03/08/daily2.html?t=printable

Monday, March 8, 2004
AirTran to terminate partnership with Air Wisconsin

The Business Journal of Milwaukee

After more than a year of service, AirTran Airways has decided to drop Air Wisconsin Airlines Corp., Appleton, as one of its regional carriers because the arrangement could not grow the short-haul fleet enough to satisfy the Orlando, Fla.-based discount airline.

Air Wisconsin said Friday that it would move the 10 planes that now fly as AirTran JetConnect to United Express, its long-time regional service for United Airlines.

Air Wisconsin said in a statement that the partnership, which began in November 2002, was unique because it paired a regional and a low-cost air carrier. The two parties had agreed to review the status of the experiment after approximately one year.

AirTran Airways decided that based on the economics of the current operation they would be unable to grow the JetConnect business. With no prospects for growing the fleet, both airlines agreed "it did not make sense to continue the partnership."

Operating as JetConnect, Air Wisconsin served AirTran's hub in Atlanta and also provided short-haul service in Florida. The airline also feeds United Airlines at its Chicago, Denver and Washington, D.C., hubs.

The airline operates 475 departures per day to 54 cities in 25 states and two Canadian provinces. Its traffic has grown from more than 320 flights per day in October 2002, the month before it initiated AirTran JetConnect service. The growth reflects additional United Express service and the added AirTran service.

No, I just heard that AirTran is looking into some 50-seat service. That's all. Could be total made up bs. Thought I would put a feeler out.

Was already done by Air Wis and failed. Why would they reinstate another 50 seat capacity purchase.

Latest resources

Back