• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW 3Q Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bonus is considered income not a company match, so you can only put it in there is you're not already on a maxed-out profile (i.e., $645/paycheck). Still, an extra $4000 a year after taxes will nearly fund the yearly IRA...

Bonus is considered income not a company match, so you can only put it in there is you're not already on a maxed-out profile (i.e., $645/paycheck). Still, an extra $4000 a year after taxes will nearly fund the yearly IRA...
I made it a concerted effort to get the most bang out of the bonuses possible. I did this by making my regualar 401k contributions sufficiently under the max so that the last bonus payment would put me just over the max allowed. That way, I would get matching money from SKYW that I would not have gotten if I had maxed out my contributions all year. My motto was, never pass up an opportunity to get money from the company.

This year total is $8516, gross.
Which in way means I made an extra 5.94 an hour.

Last year was better, $10438.
Which means I made an extra 4.09 an hour.

Not a bad program but it's not something you can count on or put on a loan app.
Dude,
Its beer and hooker money! That's a lot of Bud and crack hos!
PBR

Did anybody read the first sentence of the release. SKYW lost 39% in profit year over year........39%!!! This by no means they are in trouble, but it goes to show you that we all share the same problems....nobody is immune....

Did anybody read the first sentence of the release. SKYW lost 39% in profit year over year........39%!!! This by no means they are in trouble, but it goes to show you that we all share the same problems....nobody is immune....
Because of the high oil prices they used the opportunity to decrease asset value, and write off other debt, as they knew that the competition would report loses. Really just accounting practices, nothing to worry about.

Because of the high oil prices they used the opportunity to decrease asset value, and write off other debt, as they knew that the competition would report loses. Really just accounting practices, nothing to worry about.

Are you telling me that SkyWest is not feeling this "pinch" in the economy at all. If you think that you are very misinformed.

Given how SkyWest gets revenue (by fee for departure), it's not surprising to see their profits drop. ASA is flying about 75% of the flight schedule we flew at our peak in 2007 (we were pushing 1000 flights/day in the summer), and I assume SkyWest is taking similar cuts as well.

Are you telling me that SkyWest is not feeling this "pinch" in the economy at all. If you think that you are very misinformed.
I am saying that what they report is not always an accurate indication of how the company is performing. If you do not agree with this you are the one who is misinformed.

well not to sh*t on anyone's parade but...

SkyWest's profit being down does not take a rocket scientist to explain. Considering the cutbacks with united, midwest, and delta; it's obvious why profits are down...we're not doing as much flying.

Are we feeling a pinch? mmmmm yes and no. We're by no means hurting for money, we're now simply "storing nuts". Having talked to upper level management in the past week; they laughed at some of the rumors floating around I questioned them on, were dissapointed fuel went down so quickly (said more carriers needed to go and were on the verge of it), and emphasized that we are in a perfect position right now given the state of the industry.

Being down 39%...I have not lost any sleep. This is a cyclical thing, let's look at how the airlines were at this time last year; I'm suprised we're not down more.

I'm not really sure what people are getting at? We made a h*ll of a lot of money this last quarter...profits will rise as flying picks up; if it does ;)

Latest resources

Back