• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYW 2nd Qtr 2009 Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it appropriate to be discussing our bonuses when there are others not so fortunate in our industry during these dire conditions. I don't feel it is.

Are you really serious? Why should some pellet of fortunate airline financial results not be spoken of in a public forum? If you're really that bummed, don't click on the thread.

Are you really serious? Why should some pellet of fortunate airline financial results not be spoken of in a public forum? If you're really that bummed, don't click on the thread.

Perhaps I'm a bit more courteous and choose not to disclose my financial fortune to those on this board who are struggling to find their own means to survive this economic crisis. For some that "pellet" may be a saving measure.

Last edited:
5 year ASA captain=$600 Gross.

$276 net (after $90 401K withholding, ALPA, and uncle sam)

I believe ASA's margins were higher than SKW's when we were purchased. I know right after the purchase ASA was posting 9%+. OO's were close but ASA was still making more on every dollar that was spent. I will speculate that since a huge amount of money has spent on things such as the A Tech, parking, undoing programs, closing outstations, etc; that these events have impacted the margin numbers.

In due course, I would expect these numbers to begin to get better as ASA begins to see some return over the course of these events.
Choo gotta deal Brad some aces to get some of dat fat cash!
PBR

Perhaps I'm a bit more courteous and choose not to disclose my financial fortune to those on this board who are struggling to find their own means to survive this economic crisis. For some that "pellet" may be a saving measure.
Easy there,
Its just beer and hooker money.
PBR
P.S. Bud and Crack Ho's, we are all cuttin' back!

Based on my bonus check... Profit margin. ect.. not to hard to figure out..

Are you comparing Apples to Apples? The 2 programs are not the same and to your company's credit, they were able to hit their performance goals. The other Company did not meet those goals for various reasons--but no excuses. However, though your bonus may be higher, it does not necessarily mean that there is a disproportinate net profit difference. Net margin comparisons, if they were available, would be a better measuring stick. Spend it well, the economy needs your bonus!

Latest resources

Back