• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bryan D said:
Pilot To Be Charged With Manslaughter After Skydiver Hit In Midair

POSTED: 4:28 pm EDT October 5, 2005
UPDATED: 6:08 pm EDT October 5, 2005

I hope that with that little semi-smiley face you're not making light of the situation....Gus was a dam good man, and a friend of mine.

FracCapt said:
I hope that with that little semi-smiley face you're not making light of the situation....Gus was a dam good man, and a friend of mine.
It would appear that its just the formatting of the article that led to the smiley...

And theres a reason I side step Dunn on the way down the coast....and stay plenty far away from DeLand....

Even on the southern arc for 7L, Daytona will usually break you off towards the localizer before hitting deland...for obvious reasons.

avbug said:
I've seldom been aboard a jump aircraft on the ride to altitude when it wasn't cramped. Have I ever been aboard one that isn't well within both weight and balance limitations?

Never knowingly.

I was a skydiver before I became a pilot. I never understood why everybody had to lean forward in the jump plane until I became a pilot.

FracCapt said:

No I put that in there for you Frac. Lighten up on the Kahula & coffee. Everythings going to be OK.

Originally Posted by Bryan D
That's a helluva place for a Cessna to be; over an airport. I had some idiot skydivers falling around me while doing the DME arc at Daytona, had to abort.

Easy there superpilot. Careful who you call idiots. Skydivers encompass an incredibly broad range of professionals including many professional pilots far superior in skill and knowledge than weekend warriors like yourself who tool around without checking all available information. FracCaptain is right on.

Hand Commander said:
Originally Posted by Bryan D
That's a helluva place for a Cessna to be; over an airport. I had some idiot skydivers falling around me while doing the DME arc at Daytona, had to abort.

Easy there superpilot. Careful who you call idiots. Skydivers encompass an incredibly broad range of professionals including many professional pilots far superior in skill and knowledge than weekend warriors like yourself who tool around without checking all available information. FracCaptain is right on.

Hand,
I'm not going to defend my comments or qualifications to you or Frac, I don't have to. See Frac's "idiot pilot" flying over an airport reference on page 3. I am not a weekend pilot, superpilot nor do I train students. You assume too much and that does not make you professional or superior.

FracCapt said:
The new forum software, or some settings, automatically converts the combination of the colon and a zero into this smiley face: :0

Therefore, 6:OO (uppercase Oh substituted for zeros there) becomes 6:00.

Just one of those quirks...

has anyone gotten a name or an update on the pilot. PM me if possible.

Latest resources

Back