• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doug Parker said:
Hey Fricknut,

How much porter time do you have?

I rest on your face...........

And how much time do you have in an H4 Porter? If you're calling people out on experience you might want to provide some of your own. Help us understand you.

Another problem here could be that the trim was left in landing position. Isn't the first time a jump plane crashed due to this. If this is the cause it wouldn't be the last either. Last one I know of was a C-206 in Jacksonville. Plane breaks ground and then pitches up hard, stalls, rolls left or right, hammers in. I'm just glad no one was killed in this.

Doug Parker said:
Full nose up trim is Not unmanageable in an H4.

And how much porter time do you have DiverDriver.

I asked you first.

KigAir said:
That was a popular movie around the DZ on rainy days. Fandango and beer.

Ahhh, Mr Hicks, I think that we have a major malfunction here?.....pull the ripcord, pull the handle on your tum tum....

A whole days laundry shot to he!!.....

erj-145mech said:
Ahhh, Mr Hicks, I think that we have a major malfunction here?.....pull the ripcord, pull the handle on your tum tum....

A whole days laundry shot to he!!.....

"Hit your reserve! Hit your reserve!"

<thump...thump...thump>

Pull the handle!

GO-ON!

NO-GO!

Wow, man. Looks like he missed the mattress. Bummer.

But wait, man! I gotta tell you about my dream! I wanna hang glide off Mt. Everest! But that's not the best part. Naked, man! Hey, Mr. Hicks, you don't look so good!

KigAir said:
That was a popular movie around the DZ on rainy days. Fandango and beer.
Yea...it's a classic! Those guys were so young when that was filmed.

Doug Parker said:
Hey V-stall + FN FAL

Go do the Wt + Bal on a Porter with 10 pax - 10 to 1 says you're gonna be aft loaded and overweight. (not to mention pretty fxxking cramped)
Hey Doug, I'm not saying the crash can't be wt and balance related...I do 3 wt balances a day on a single engine turboprop and the people that load my plane know that I am pro-active when it comes to how and where they put the freight in the aircraft.

All I was saying was that if it is wt and balance related, we'll have to weight until the authorites way in with their findings.

As far as speculating about what the eye witness said, that's fair game...it was printed in the papers.

Porter a cramped ride? Yea, I sat on the rear seat with three pepole back when I was half as fat as I am now. I think we had 11 in that thing.

I've seldom been aboard a jump aircraft on the ride to altitude when it wasn't cramped. Have I ever been aboard one that isn't well within both weight and balance limitations?

Never knowingly.

Bryan D said:
That's a helluva place for a Cessna to be; over an airport. I had some idiot skydivers falling around me while doing the DME arc at Daytona, had to abort.

Yea...healluva place for a Cessna to be....over an airport they have no intention of landing at, flying over at an altitude that could interfere with the flow of traffic there, and not even monitoring CTAF....all this over an airport with a very active skydiving operation, which is CHARTED. Do you train your students how to read charts? If so, they should know which airports have skydiving ops at them.

Something funny I've noticed....most of the comments such as yours are always made by high time wonders such as yourself. Maybe once you've been around the patch a few times you'll start to think differently and realize you are not the only person in the sky.....then again, maybe you won't.

Latest resources

Back