Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wrxpilot said:
FracCapt,

He said he was flying on V3. I don't think there's supposed to be too many jump ops on the airway.
Assumptions can get you killed.

FracCapt said:
Why are you flying directly over an airport with a very active skydiving operation? I can't tell you how many times I was in the door at 15,000' over Dunn spotting the load and had to call a go around because some idiot in a Cessna was flying directly over the DZ...

That's a helluva place for a Cessna to be; over an airport. I had some idiot skydivers falling around me while doing the DME arc at Daytona, had to abort.

Bryan D said:
That's a helluva place for a Cessna to be; over an airport. I had some idiot skydivers falling around me while doing the DME arc at Daytona, had to abort.
I was over Dunn, on V3, on an IFR flight plan, punching in and out of clouds (I'd say SCT) and had some jumpers to my east. Not extremely close, but I noticed em...

Pilot To Be Charged With Manslaughter After Skydiver Hit In Midair

POSTED: 4:28 pm EDT October 5, 2005
UPDATED: 6:08 pm EDT October 5, 2005

The Volusia County state attorney's office plans to charge a pilot with manslaughter for the death of a skydiver in April, according to a Local 6 News report.
Albert "Gus" Wing III of Longwood was finishing his free fall when the plane he jumped from hit him. The skydiver's legs were severed at the knees and he died shortly after landing. The pilot, William Buckman, will be charged with manslaughter and wreckless operation of an aircraft, Local 6 News has learned. Deland is about 40 miles north of Orlando.

http://www.local6.com/news/5062103/detail.html

FN FAL Just because you saw a plane appear to "sputter" in the movie "Fandango" it doesn't mean that all planes have to "sputter" exactly the same way.[/QUOTE said:
That was a popular movie around the DZ on rainy days. Fandango and beer.

Bryan D said:
Pilot To Be Charged With Manslaughter After Skydiver Hit In Midair

POSTED: 4:28 pm EDT October 5, 2005
UPDATED: 6:08 pm EDT October 5, 2005

The Volusia County state attorney's office plans to charge a pilot with manslaughter for the death of a skydiver in April, according to a Local 6 News report.
Albert "Gus" Wing III of Longwood was finishing his free fall when the plane he jumped from hit him. The skydiver's legs were severed at the knees and he died shortly after landing. The pilot, William Buckman, will be charged with manslaughter and wreckless operation of an aircraft, Local 6 News has learned. Deland is about 40 miles north of Orlando.

http://www.local6.com/news/5062103/detail.html

Anyone have more details on this accident?

Hey V-stall + FN FAL

Go do the Wt + Bal on a Porter with 10 pax - 10 to 1 says you're gonna be aft loaded and overweight. (not to mention pretty fxxking cramped)

Doug Parker said:

Hey V-stall + FN FAL

Go do the Wt + Bal on a Porter with 10 pax - 10 to 1 says you're gonna be aft loaded and overweight. (not to mention pretty fxxking cramped)

I did do the math Mr. NTSB man, and the conclusion is you have no clue what you are talking about. BTW>>> do you know what "ASSUME" stands for?

Latest resources

Back