• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus to start flying May 20

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Their management must know that it's going to tank. I don't see how they're going to succeed.

I think they've simply arranged a "get rich quick" scheme for themselves: 1) build an airline with no viable business model, 2) arrange golden parachutes, and sell all the assets 12 months later when the whole thing folds, and 3) get rich as a result.

Their management must know that it's going to tank. I don't see how they're going to succeed.

I think they've simply arranged a "get rich quick" scheme for themselves: 1) build an airline with no viable business model, 2) arrange golden parachutes, and sell all the assets 12 months later when the whole thing folds, and 3) get rich as a result.

Why are you so sure it will fold? Because you want it to?

150 seats on a 319? Wow. That sounds comfortable ... NOT!

Anyone know how much startup capital Skybus has?

I heard the "Skybus" callsign on Cleveland center a couple of nights ago. I threw up a little in my mouth.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but did anyone notice they have a cafepress store? Who do they think is going to buy that sh!t? FOs trying to impress the interview board with a skybus tote bag to hold their logs?

I hope SkyNasty does not succeed. If it does it will send a message to managements that they "CAN" actually find pilots to fly for so little. Dash 8 captains at some companies will make more than their captains in the Airbus. Its sick I tell you SICK!!!!

Reading about the Ultra LCC's like Spirit...charging for everything on board the airplane, advertising on the seat backs,no cash just credit cards, $3 cokes...now jaming 150 people on a 319...whats next? standing in the isles with overhead hand rails, like on a city bus?
Geez, when are people going to just get sick of being packed in a can like cloths in a suitcase...Its just getting disturbing....where the walmart mentality is taking the average traveler...

Who could be smart enough to make a bunch of money, yet dumb enough to invest it anywhere near an airline?
The guys who have options at SkyBus are just hoping enough fools are there to enable them to cash out and go on to the next deal.

Warren Buffet has often said that he pays a man $80,000 a year just to talk him out of buying airline stocks. If he considers an airline stock to be a good purchase he calls his employee and gets reminded that in the history of airline operations in the united states, the business has lost money.

Geez, when are people going to just get sick of being packed in a can like cloths in a suitcase

about 4 minutes after takeoff.

of course the feeling will go away 10 months down the road when they are sitting in front of their computer planning their next trip to Roy WallyWorld. They will see the $49 fare and the memory of travelling on the Calcutta Express will be fully suppressed.

about 4 minutes after takeoff.

of course the feeling will go away 10 months down the road when they are sitting in front of their computer planning their next trip to Roy WallyWorld. They will see the $49 fare and the memory of travelling on the Calcutta Express will be fully suppressed.

Isn't a normal A319 around 120 seats? (guessing) I am betting there will be no first class, so those seats are replaced with coach. That will help them stuff the 150 in.

I just dont see how anyone can agree to a 45 minute call out. Unless you live in the crew room, how can anyone realistically make this happen?

Latest resources

Back