• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus Photo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There will be no lack of pilots trying to get on with them...Sonny and Cher or not. If you were a commuter pilot, wouldn't you jump at the chance to fly an Airbus rather than a CRJ especially for the same pay?

If you go to their website and look at the job requirements for 'Pilot', you have to bring your own laptop to class with you. The company makes you provide the hardware. Do the rampers have to provide their own tugs? Another thing, Columbus, Ohio -- are you kidding me. They won't last a year. Independence Air all over again. Their paint job looks like Delta Song crashed into a Southwest 737.

Looks very Shag-a-delic!

What's the business model? Dirt cheap tickets on a brand-new airplane with live TV, snacks, and a fun atmosphere, and it's going to be profitable? Where have we heard this before?

The only thing that makes this even plausible is the fact that Whorebus will essentially give A-320s to anybody with a business card and a mailing address. Should be additional ammo for Boeing's complaint with the WTO that Airbus is dumping their product.

Looks very Shag-a-delic!

What's the business model? Dirt cheap tickets on a brand-new airplane with live TV, snacks, and a fun atmosphere, and it's going to be profitable? Where have we heard this before?

The only thing that makes this even plausible is the fact that Whorebus will essentially give A-320s to anybody with a business card and a mailing address. Should be additional ammo for Boeing's complaint with the WTO that Airbus is dumping their product.

I thought I read that Skybus is modelled after Ryanair in the UK - zero frills (you pay for water) and cheap tickets to outlier airports (excluding Columbus). Don't quote me but I thought that was the major point of differentiation. The website talks about its "unique" model - so, I am guessing flights to cheaper airfields would be included to keep costs low...

Anyone have more info or thoughts about its unique model?

Pilot in Command
Job description:

Responsible for transporting Guests on A319 aircraft safely, with care, to their destiantion, ensuring that the Federal Aviation Regulations are complied with always. Based in CMH Schedule will be out and backs 4800 Stock Options Training in Miami, FL
Qualification Requirements:
You must indicate that you meet the requirements listed below by checking the corresponding items.
5000 Total time
1500 Turbine PIC
ATP
FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
20/20 corrected vision
Required to show up on first day of work with a laptop computer with wireless internet connectivity and capable of reading a memory stick and CD-ROM
Legally authorized to work in the USA

There will be no lack of pilots trying to get on with them...Sonny and Cher or not. If you were a commuter pilot, wouldn't you jump at the chance to fly an Airbus rather than a CRJ especially for the same pay?

No, why handle more responsibility (FA's Pax, etc..) and have to take a risk with a very shakey company. You would also be shooting yourself in the foot, if you ever hope to make a decent living as an airline pilot.

But you are probably right, they will be tripping over themselves for the opportunity to fly a "BIG" jet.

Latest resources

Back