• Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skybus mins are they getting new guys with mins this high

http://tbe.taleo.net/NA7/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SKYBUS&cws=1&rid=11
First Officer
Location: OH, Columbus Job Code: FO # of openings: 1 Description **Minimum Qualifications
2500 TT
1000 multi engine
500 PIC Turbine OR 2000 SIC multi-engine turbine fixed wing (greater than 40,000#GW)

For Military:
1000 Fighter
1500 Transport

Interviews conducted in CMH.
RT transportation provided to CMH from any of our destinations.
Indoc in CMH for 8 days, A319 training is 5 week course in Miami.
$50 per diem paid during training.
Salary begins once training is complete.
Miami Beachfront Hotel (single room accommodations) and rental car per Crew.
Minimum guarantee salary of 30k/yr for FO
Average FO making approximately $35,000+ per year with 1500 stock options plus an additional 500 based on company performance.
Vesting period is 4 years.
Minimum guarantee salary is 65k/yr for CA
Average CA making approximately $85,000+ per year with 4800 stock options plus an additional 1500 based on company performance.
Pay is based on block/hours flown.

Upgrade time is estimated to be between 6-12 months

Future preferential bidding system.
Mostly one day trips with Crews home almost every night.
CASS is currently being implemented and many jumpseat agreements are already in place.
Medical benefits paid available at a 70/30 Skybus/Employee cost sharing.
Dental and vision coverage also available.
Employee is eligible to participate in benefit coverage the first day of employment or training. Skybus pays 100% premium until salary begins.
First Crew base is CMH. Second crew base will be announced in October, Five to eight Crew bases by 2012.
Skybus will have over 1,000 Pilots and 79 new A319’s in 5 years (2012).

Other Requirements:
Recency will be a significant consideration.
Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate. 20/20 corrected vision.
Required to show up on first day of work with a laptop computer with wireless internet connectivity and capable of reading a memory stick and CD-ROM.
Working knowledge in MS Office Suite, Acrobat Reader, and browser usage.
Ability to read, write, and speak English coupled with effective communication skills.
Ability to have Fun with Guests, while showing the highest degree of Honor and Respect; emphasizing Safety at all times; exhibiting a sense of Ownership in every situation while being Cost-Focused when making any and all business decisions.
Legally authorized to work in the USA. Must be able to obtain valid US Passport prior to start date, if requested. Need to pass a 10 year security background check and a drug test.
Willing to think outside the box to find a way to say “YES” to the Guest.
Neat and professional appearance. Excellent leadership and entrepreneurial skills.

Last edited:
Check out the average Airbus A320 payrates around the industry before you apply....its way below....

Why is this on the fractionals board? Because SkyBust is located in CMH?

:rolleyes:

they're getting guys to interview such as myself..that hate their current employer... and some former indy guys not yet settled. basically, 121 supp, guys furlough or laid off and a couple of military right out of the war zone checking things out.

i haven't heard yet... don't know if i'll go... i am boeing man and they say you don't fly the airbus, you just button press it.

"Mostly one day trips with Crews home almost every night."

Throwing this statement around pisses me off. Where is home? Everyone lives in columbus i assume? Home everynight means in your bed in the house that is in your name. Home everynight at this airline might really mean in a ratty crashpad rather than in a nice holiday inn with a free breakfast in the morning waiting for you.

"Mostly one day trips with Crews home almost every night."

Throwing this statement around pisses me off. Where is home? Everyone lives in columbus i assume? Home everynight means in your bed in the house that is in your name. Home everynight at this airline might really mean in a ratty crashpad rather than in a nice holiday inn with a free breakfast in the morning waiting for you.

When did Holday Inn's start to give free breakfast?? :nuts:

I think he meant Express...every time i stay at a holiday inn (not express) they charge for their crappy meals.;)

Well, "they" don't know wtf they're talking about. having flown both the A-320 and the 737, the Bus wins in every category hands-down. Speed, climb, descent, avionics, ergonomics, passenger comfort, you name it. Now I realize the 777 is more modern than the 320. But that would be the only Boeing more modern than the Airbus.

they're getting guys to interview such as myself..that hate their current employer... and some former indy guys not yet settled. basically, 121 supp, guys furlough or laid off and a couple of military right out of the war zone checking things out.

i haven't heard yet... don't know if i'll go... i am boeing man and they say you don't fly the airbus, you just button press it.

Latest resources

Back