SkyBus Jumpseater

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skybus new hires

I just had two aquaintences take positions at Skybus. Both were Air National Guard pilots with over 1000 turbine PIC and over 2500TT (all C-130). One was making over 100K a year as an Air National Guard C-130 pilot (full time position) while the other was a part timer making around 65K/year. They are still in the guard/reserves and took the gamble on a free type rating, quick upgrade, and potential for the company to be the next Southwest Airlines.

Both these guys are quality aviators with no checkered past. My guess is they will end up at UPS in 2-3 years, already trained on the Airbus.

My point. Skybus is just another regional but with bigger planes. The flying business has no sure bets. Some get lucky and some go broke. Best of luck.

PS. I'm not applying to Skybus.

Best of Luck

I agree! I am convinced that pilots will never learn how to speak or write properly. The grammar on this site is appalling and the worst of it comes from the guys who think that they should be paid as if they were running the companies. If you want to be treated like a professional then learn to be articulate like a professional. Instead of "somethings," you mean "some things."

I'm going to go off on my high horse here for a moment. If you don't want to read it stop now.

There are three versions of the word "there, their or they're." Get it straight. It's not difficult.

There:
It's an adverb that means; in or at a place other than here. For example, "The good jobs are over there."

Their: It's the possessive form of the word they. For example, "It is their contract good, not our ********************ty contract."

They're: This is a contraction of "they" and "are." For example, "They are making more money at their airline than we are at ours!"

This is the first installment of many that will point out the disgrace that we call the U.S. educational system. I will intersperse my commentaries into regular discussions when you least expect it, unless of course you are a good grammarian. Then you will understand. If you don't like to read my crap, move on.

Future installments will include the difference between then and than; it's and its; two, too, and to. Good luck.

let us not forget "ask" and "axe" ......

as in let me axe you a question..... :)

Starting captain salary $65,000/yr, with 4,800 stock options (vesting period under review)
FO pay: $30,000/yr, with 1,500 stock options
A319 training is 6-week course in Miami
Salary begins once training is complete
Hotel and $50/day per diem paid by Skybus

I was at CMH yesterday, and watched their operation. I was looking for any pilots that I might recognize. Their uniforms are terrible. And I know most of you dont like hats, but how about "beenies". All the pilots I saw were wearing these beenies, not sure if it was part of the uniform or not.
I am based in CMH and see Ranger Bob and Yogi every day...and they DON'T have "beenies." They have "regular" covers. However, they DO look like a forest ranger.

Latest resources

Back