• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyBus Jumpseater

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The guy in that Picture is their VP of Ops. He was at the Air lnc. job fair last fall in ATL.
I think his name is Hans.

I agree! I am convinced that pilots will never learn how to speak or write properly. The grammar on this site is appalling and the worst of it comes from the guys who think that they should be paid as if they were running the companies. If you want to be treated like a professional then learn to be articulate like a professional. Instead of "somethings," you mean "some things."

I'm going to go off on my high horse here for a moment. If you don't want to read it stop now.

There are three versions of the word "there, their or they're." Get it straight. It's not difficult.

There: It's an adverb that means; in or at a place other than here. For example, "The good jobs are over there."

Their: It's the possessive form of the word they. For example, "It is their contract good, not our ********************ty contract."

They're: This is a contraction of "they" and "are." For example, "They are making more money at their airline than we are at ours!"

This is the first installment of many that will point out the disgrace that we call the U.S. educational system. I will intersperse my commentaries into regular discussions when you least expect it, unless of course you are a good grammarian. Then you will understand. If you don't like to read my crap, move on.

Future installments will include the difference between then and than; it's and its; two, too, and to. Good luck.

When you climb down from that high horse, you may want to read the chapter on punctuation.

Never fails.

SCABS'? What picket line did they cross? Answer - none.

Checkered past, how do you know? Answer - You don't.

Don't deserve common courtesy? Answer - nor do you.

You have no idea why these guys decided to work at Skybus. Fact is it's none of your business. Try taking the high road sometime, show a little grace.

If they had a reciprocal agreement and if I had a say..he gets a ride.

Well said, some people need to get off of their high horse and show people some courtesy.

It's also quite obvious that some people have no idea what SCAB means.

Last edited:
Actually, I didn't intend my post to refer to the general grammar situation, else I would have typed "some things" instead of "somethings". It was meant to be a comment on stupid discussions that are self-sustaining...

Next time a captain asks me for a weather brief I'm going to ask him/her if they're a scab/PFTer and deny them information accordingly. Thanks for the great idea.

I did talk to one of the pilots, he said "SKYBUS SUCKS. THEY LIED TO US." In the 30 second "chat", he made it sound like the pilots are pissed and most want to quit. FWIW, this guy is a captain, and wants to go to netjets.

Some guys actually left NJA to go to SkyBus. I wonder how many of them wish they'd never done that and how many will attempt to return.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back