Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Somethings never change...

Last edited:
Just curious in the fact that I had a Skybus Captain jumpseat in the back from CLT to Hilton Head.

Had mx on the aircraft and didn't have time to really talk to him while boarding.

Whats everyones take on allowing Skybus jumpseaters?

You're a dou**e bag for letting them on. You're a dou**e bag for NOT letting them on.
Which one will you be?

Tell your son or daughter to show a little grace and accept the job that is being offered to them flying an RJ for $40 an hour. Not possible? I got news for you, there are folks flying an airbus for $60. Even in Africa they pay more money than that to fly a CRJ. What a joke this market has become

Then move to africa dumb a$$$$.

Maybe the skybus pilots got it figured out... move in for a type and 6 months in an airbus. When the company falls through chapter11, and is dissolved, they collect unemployment checks for 4 months of "job hunting". Earning back some of the money Uncle Sam steals from every paycheck.

Makes for an easy, "hard knock life" story when you apply to a major.

Somethings never change...

I agree! I am convinced that pilots will never learn how to speak or write properly. The grammar on this site is appalling and the worst of it comes from the guys who think that they should be paid as if they were running the companies. If you want to be treated like a professional then learn to be articulate like a professional. Instead of "somethings," you mean "some things."

I'm going to go off on my high horse here for a moment. If you don't want to read it stop now.

There are three versions of the word "there, their or they're." Get it straight. It's not difficult.

There:
It's an adverb that means; in or at a place other than here. For example, "The good jobs are over there."

Their: It's the possessive form of the word they. For example, "It is their contract good, not our ********************ty contract."

They're: This is a contraction of "they" and "are." For example, "They are making more money at their airline than we are at ours!"

This is the first installment of many that will point out the disgrace that we call the U.S. educational system. I will intersperse my commentaries into regular discussions when you least expect it, unless of course you are a good grammarian. Then you will understand. If you don't like to read my crap, move on.

Future installments will include the difference between then and than; it's and its; two, too, and to. Good luck.

I thought the clip-on tie was a nice touch.

I agree! I am convinced that pilots will never learn how to speak or write properly. The grammar on this site is appalling and the worst of it comes from the guys who think that they should be paid as if they were running the companies. If you want to be treated like a professional then learn to be articulate like a professional. Instead of "somethings," you mean "some things."

I'm going to go off on my high horse here for a moment. If you don't want to read it stop now.

There are three versions of the word "there, their or they're." Get it straight. It's not difficult.

There:
It's an adverb that means; in or at a place other than here. For example, "The good jobs are over there."

Their: It's the possessive form of the word they. For example, "It is their contract good, not our ********************ty contract."

They're: This is a contraction of "they" and "are." For example, "They are making more money at their airline than we are at ours!"

This is the first installment of many that will point out the disgrace that we call the U.S. educational system. I will intersperse my commentaries into regular discussions when you least expect it, unless of course you are a good grammarian. Then you will understand. If you don't like to read my crap, move on.

Future installments will include the difference between then and than; it's and its; two, too, and to. Good luck.

Wow you need to find a hobby or something. You even used special formatting options, i didnt even know that was an option.

Latest resources

Back