• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKYBUS..is a big managment scam

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow do I hate the mentality of pilots stated below......

Think about it.... when skybus was just a thought in the minds of the O'Leary clones pilots commuted without any problems, so......... whats changed? Why give these guys a ride to and from work so that it makes it that much easier for them to undercut and destroy this industry even more? Not to throw stones at Jetblue, but how many pilots do you think , in the beginning, would have taken the job with them if they were offered no jumpseats? How many of their pilots do you think would have moved to New York on 50K a year? Very little, if any, if you ask me...... now I'm not trying to start a jumpseat war in any way shape or form, just stating facts. This kind of crap has to stop somewhere.....

You want a jumpseat? FINE.... get a union in place and get your work rules in order, so you're not whoring yourself out to fly an airbus for 65K a year. We all know how many pilots are waiting in line for employment with skybus. IMHO.... something has to be done about this crap or its just going to get worse and worse and worse....

oh yeah.... I've been a commuter for 15+ years.... so spare me the whole, "it makes commuting so much easier speech".

Be careful with refusing jumpseat privileges to pilots who simply disagree with you (and me), because they will return your “favor” and in the end commuting pilots at YOUR airline might be the ones getting punished for YOUR actions.

No $hit!

And I thought I wasted half my day on FI......you people must be on all friggin day! Don't you have jobs?

Well, its JUST hard too take someone seriusly when the post loks like written bye a 9-year OLD. Heck, I cant spel wort off crap so I yose copy & paste future 2 doble CHEK mine horible speling in a word document – ain’t that hard…:D
Four ur plesure i didnt this tyme…:beer:

Wow do I hate the mentality of pilots stated below......

Think about it.... when skybus was just a thought in the minds of the O'Leary clones pilots commuted without any problems, so......... whats changed? Why give these guys a ride to and from work so that it makes it that much easier for them to undercut and destroy this industry even more? Not to throw stones at Jetblue, but how many pilots do you think , in the beginning, would have taken the job with them if they were offered no jumpseats? How many of their pilots do you think would have moved to New York on 50K a year? Very little, if any, if you ask me...... now I'm not trying to start a jumpseat war in any way shape or form, just stating facts. This kind of crap has to stop somewhere.....

You want a jumpseat? FINE.... get a union in place and get your work rules in order, so you're not whoring yourself out to fly an airbus for 65K a year. We all know how many pilots are waiting in line for employment with skybus. IMHO.... something has to be done about this crap or its just going to get worse and worse and worse....

oh yeah.... I've been a commuter for 15+ years.... so spare me the whole, "it makes commuting so much easier speech".

I definitely do see your point and I do agree with you that those airlines drag all of us down, however I do not agree with your solution.

Are you saying that from now on we'll need a "Networ-king approved" jumpseat list? Are you saying that commuting pilots will need not only a flight number, departure time, etc but also a list of captains at the particular airline that will allow jumpseaters from his/her airline? (and yes it is always ultimately the captain’s decision). If so, you’ll need a similar list of first officers at that airline because hey, if he’s going I ain’t going, right?

I say, let the union and the jumpseat committee deal with this. If you do not think we should extend them jumpseat privileges (and thus forfeit our own on their flights) voice your concerns to the union and if they agree with you it'll be done. To make those decisions arbitrarily spells jumpseating chaos to me.

"...now I'm not trying to start a jumpseat war in any way shape or form, just stating facts. This kind of crap has to stop somewhere..."

Oh, I guess I missed something here...:confused:

Last edited:
Enough with the spelling police already people....sh!t... at least now we know the type of people that skybus is actually hiring.

As for the SCAB thing? Who gives a fuk now a days. Since ALPO let all of the CAL SCABS back into the union what does that word really mean? Keeping these skybus idiots off everyones jumpseat is another way of keeping them from growing like a huge zit on your a s s. This whole Ryan Air mentality should be stopped here and now by all the guys offering rides to get them to and from work. Obviously there are plenty of morons out there that will fly anything for 65K a year and bust their hump for some stock options, but getting them to and from work is on all the captain giving them a ride to and from work.

Rant over.....

Anyone have the GoJETS list of pilots?

I've got it!

Well, its JUST hard too take someone seriusly when the post loks like written bye a 9-year OLD. :beer:

You mean you take people that post on FI seriously when they can spell and have good grammar? ;)

I definitely do see your point and I do agree with you that those airlines drag all of us down, however I do not agree with your solution.
Ok.... then instead of just tearing this whole thing apart and saying no no no.... what do you think is the answer? There is always someone out there that will do what you and I do for alot less and say its just for some experience. Trust me... been furloughed 7 times now and this new mentality of "the new pilot" will not stop at Skybus.....when is enough.... enough? seriously....

Our guys will be just fine commuting the way they've always done.... hopefully without skybus.

Are you saying that from now on we'll need a "Networ-king approved" jumpseat list? Are you saying that commuting pilots will need not only a flight number, departure time, etc but also a list of captains at the particular airline that will allow jumpseaters from his/her airline? (and yes it is always ultimately the captain’s decision). If so, you’ll need a similar list of first officers at that airline because hey, if he’s going I ain’t going, right? The sarcasm is oooozzzzing out of my computer right now....thanks....How about Alpa, IPA, NPA, SWAPA,APA,Teamsters and the rest get together and say......jumpseats only to the airlines that are unionized..... thats an idea...eeehehhh... as for the commuters...I'd rather have a harder commute then no freaking job to commute to, because some new startup took over my companies flying. I know you have an idea how thats like....right?

I say, let the union and the jumpseat committee deal with this. If you do not think we should extend them jumpseat privileges (and thus forfeit our own on their flights) voice your concerns to the union and if they agree with you it'll be done. To make those decisions arbitrarily spells jumpseating chaos to me.Forfeit our jumpseats with other airlines? WTF have you been smoking today bro? If it starts with Skybus...then so be it....we're still going to be jumpseating on everyone else we have and agreement with.....so what are you talking about. I don't see too many people jumpseating on Indy Air anymore and we're still operating..... so what exactly do you propose oh mighty one?

"...now I'm not trying to start a jumpseat war in any way shape or form, just stating facts. This kind of crap has to stop somewhere..."

Oh, I guess I missed something here...:confused:
You did miss something.....I never said lets stop offering jumpseats to everyone out there.....just skybus and then the new startup airline that will undercut your company to the point that you have no airline left....think about it....cause this has already happened and something has to change or the slide to the rock bottom will continue till we're all working for peanuts.

You did miss something.....I never said lets stop offering jumpseats to everyone out there.....just skybus and then the new startup airline that will undercut your company to the point that you have no airline left....think about it....cause this has already happened and something has to change or the slide to the rock bottom will continue till we're all working for peanuts.

I don't think you have much to worry about, until SkyBox makes its first flight next year. I hear it will be 10 cents a pound to ship.

You did miss something....I never said lets stop offering jumpseats to everyone out there.....just skybus and then the new startup airline that will undercut your company to the point that you have no airline left...

I see, so I did NOT miss anything after all. I thought you were talking about starting jumpseat wars and I was against that, at least without the union’s backing. Now you’re saying that you do indeed want to start jumpseat wars however only “selective” jumpseat wars – against the “pos airlines” as you phrased it in the past. Well, I disagree with you on that.

Ok.... then instead of just tearing this whole thing apart and saying no no no.... what do you think is the answer?

Well, you sort of answered your own question:

“The sarcasm is oooozzzzing out of my computer right now....thanks....How about Alpa, IPA, NPA, SWAPA,APA,Teamsters and the rest get together and say......jumpseats only to the airlines that are unionized..... thats an idea...”

That’s exactly my point – that’s the way it should be done – the unions should get together and say ‘OK, from now on we allow jumpseats for unionized carriers only,’ or maybe even ‘no jumpseats approved for such and such carrier.’
I am all for that however it’d have to be a union effort and not some kind of individual jumpseat refusal deal.

Either they are allowed to jumpseat or they are not – not…well, it depends on who the captain on this flight happens to be…and also if the captain happens to be flying with Network-ing…and also if…:erm:

You want a jumpseat? FINE.... get a union in place and get your work rules in order, so you're not whoring yourself out to fly an airbus for 65K a year. ..something has to be done about this crap or its just going to get worse and worse and worse....

I agree, however I want to do this a team effort, a.k.a. union. No arbitrary decisions made by select few; in other words I don’t ever want to get bumped from a flight as a revenge for the guy getting bumped on one of our flights because someone decided he/she didn’t like that particular airline. For example, I hate what TSA did with the Gojet creation however unless our union says that they crossed a picket line, or violated some kind of agreement (which I thought they did?) – and if that's the case our union should announce “from now on we’re refusing jumpseating privileges to such and such airline.”

I think deep down (it's pretty deep but it's there, no really...) we agree on most subjects but seem to have different ideas on how to deal with the problems.

Think about it…

C’mon now, stop stressing me out now – I AM thinking :0 …Just not the way you’re thinking…

I don't think you have much to worry about, until SkyBox makes its first flight next year. I hear it will be 10 cents a pound to ship.

McNugget - “Skybox” that’s hilarious! :laugh:
Wait a minute? Ok, no jumpseats to Skybox :smash: ehhh...skyviators!!!

Stay AWAY from that place and tell all your friends about it. SCAM you out of your life. Managment is ALL liars...everyone one of them. They dumped there million in there themselves...sooo...if it doesn't work..there in the poor house. They are truely EVIL managment...They haven't done a single thing for there pilot..I feel bad for these guys that are there..they have been lied from the first day of there interviews...pay, work rules, benefits, STOCKS?.....fun place....o yes..FUN..isn't the right word for it. You will get 4,800 stock...wont see a single stock friends..wait and see...smell the scam..and wake up. Place is full of evil....some even use the GODS words there. Just look at there POOR flight attendants..I feel sorry for all of them. Ones a LIAR is always a LIAR. They tell you..yes you're hired as a Captain.....O..come to class..what..we're First officers NOW? what? They have picked the WORST of every bad working conditions out there in the industry....and made it theres...you dont like it?...they will tell you..there is the door.

You're the fkng moron who applied there in the first place. How could you possibly have any credibility? You've got to be an idiot to even apply to a place like Skyb. Glad to hear you got fkd, though I'm not surprised.

Latest resources

Back