SkyBus gone tonight!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even Sooner Then I Was Thinking.....wow

I told you so...........Not even the pilots whoring themself out would save a sh&thole like skybus...If ya'll still want to work for cheap rates..I heard mesa is hiring or you can fly checks...

So basically, the sky(bus) is falling.

Aloha, ATA, Skybus, Midwest Express Express, Champion, NWA is parking airframes, UA is parking airframes and cutting class size, and so on and on and on.

This is looking worse than the last job implosion after 9/11. Why is everyone giving in before summer busy season?

But everyone keeps saying there is a pilot shortage.

I guess that having a primary hub in Columbus Ohio wasn't a great business plan after all. Why did anybody lend these people money in the first place with a plan like that? I don't see how any LCC can hope to make it without a huge local traffic base. I don't think that Skybus would have made it even in a better economy with lower fuel prices.

Let's face it, every domestic route that can make money for an airline is already being flown by at least one carrier. Every city that can support an airline hub has at least one airline hubbed there already. There's way too much capacity already, why would anyone start another domestic airline?

What kind of pathetic losers would gloat about the loss of one's career and income. You may not like the concept of Skybus, but a lot of good people got horrible news this week. There are a lot of good people hurting out there and the job market has gone from bad to worse.

So instead of gloating and high fiving each other, how about a little respect and a little humble pie. You never know who is next.....

In disgust,

A350

Amen to that.

No matter what your thoughts are about Skybus, gloating about 500 people losing their jobs overnight reveals far more about the "gloaters" character than the Skybus employees.

Latest resources

Back