Skybus CEO first one to bail out of sinking ship

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whatever happened to having pride in what you do

c'mon now, i have my misgivings about thier plan and i think it stunk. but to say these guys don't have pride? one is a retired Delta captain with more time over the outer marker than you have total time. LOL

c'mon now, i have my misgivings about thier plan and i think it stunk. but to say these guys don't have pride? one is a retired Delta captain with more time over the outer marker than you have total time. LOL

It is a shame that such an experienced aviator would trade in his integrity for butterfly wings.............heartbreaking.

from what i've been told, there is no second year pay which is why they were looking at teamsters.

That's because a second year in business isn't in there business plan.
They're probably surprised that they've lasted this long.

just heard a guy just quit from there. he took a corp. job. i'm sure they're all looking heavily. should be able to find frac and corp pretty easily.

should be able to find frac and corp pretty easily.

I wonder if any of the ones that left NetJets for SkyBus will ever get an interview at NetJets again.

I wonder if any of the ones that left NetJets for SkyBus will ever get an interview at NetJets again.

I heard that the guys that left were all new hires with NetJets, probably just finished the type, at the time they went to Skybus. Why should NetJets take them back? They've already stated with their actions that they don't want to be here. They obviously think that NetJets is just a waiting room to the next thing out there. Screw'em, there are plenty of people that want to get hired here and stay here, why should NetJets waste the time and resources on these people that have already shown that they don't want to be here?

Last edited:
I think it is safe to assume that they will not be going back to netjets..

lots of guys left great jobs to go there. One guy was 2 days from a type ride at flight safety hired as a sales demo pilot at $125k a year in savannah

In life people sit back and take a chance.. Who knows.. skybus could have been a great deal if all the other economic factors were not there.

Just ask the initial 50 or so guys at jetblue most of them are millionaires.. Simply a product of perfect timing

I have to disagree about the perfect timing. When you cater to the absolute lowest denominator, you will loose. Southwest, while they are a lcc, does not have the cheapest fares a lot of the times. People assume they do. Skybus chose to offer below cost fares and then try to sell stuff. Their own business model was flawed from the beginning.. Lets see.. They said people want the bare minimum. They don't want to pay for a blanket they wont use, or a pillow, or a drink, etc.. Yet, we will base a lot of our profits on selling stuff in flight.. wtf?!? Screw 'em..

Latest resources

Back