• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sky West Santa Barbara base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My rent is 650/month for a cottage house on a 40 acre farm an hour north of PHL (but I know the family that owns it or else it would be about 1500/month for an equivalent place). Other than that it would be further into the sticks or my parents basement. Look up real estate in Solebury, PA (18938 zip). Here is a link to the land for sale next to the farm I live on:

http://www.trulia.com/property/3036256987-Lot-1-Meetinghouse-Rd-Solebury-PA-18938

A 777 CA can't even afford this area anymore.

Down in CLT I can afford a nice apartment or even a home on this crappy pay. Which is where I will eventually move when I get (if ever) a few more people under me on GII aircraft.

Last edited:
I was based in SBA for a long time. Everyone seemed to find a reasonable place to live, even the FAs. Most peoples places were a lot smaller and simpler then they could get in lower cost cities, but it was worth it to everyone to live in such a beautiful place. It was the 'country club' domicile. San Luis Obispo is now the last vestige of the 'old skywest'.

Cheers,
Scott

My rent is 650/month for a cottage house on a 40 acre farm an hour north of PHL (but I know the family that owns it or else it would be about 1500/month for an equivalent place). Other than that it would be further into the sticks or my parents basement. Look up real estate in Solebury, PA (18938 zip). Here is a link to the land for sale next to the farm I live on:

http://www.trulia.com/property/3036256987-Lot-1-Meetinghouse-Rd-Solebury-PA-18938

A 777 CA can't even afford this area anymore.

Down in CLT I can afford a nice apartment or even a home on this crappy pay. Which is where I will eventually move when I get (if ever) a few more people under me on GII aircraft.

So what makes you think people aren't doing the same thing on the west coast? Are they somehow restricted to only living in major cities or other high cost of living areas?

Latest resources

Back