Sky West Santa Barbara base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aa73

HI all.. just curious as to how long would it take for a new hire to hold a position in Santa Barbara, CA (or any CA bases that are on the coast... for ex. LAX or San Diego.) Was discussing this with a relatively junior Sky West pilot not too long ago. I understand that these bases are only for the EMB-120 Brasilia so maybe the fact that it's not the CRJ makes it a little more junior?

Sorry if these are obvious questions, I have not been quite keeping up with the regionals these days with everything changing every couple of months!

Thx... 73

HI all.. just curious as to how long would it take for a new hire to hold a position in Santa Barbara, CA (or any CA bases that are on the coast... for ex. LAX or San Diego.) Was discussing this with a relatively junior Sky West pilot not too long ago. I understand that these bases are only for the EMB-120 Brasilia so maybe the fact that it's not the CRJ makes it a little more junior?

Sorry if these are obvious questions, I have not been quite keeping up with the regionals these days with everything changing every couple of months!

Thx... 73

Hi AA,

I'm sorry but they just shut down the SBA domicile (so was SAN). Fresno is where they dump the newhires but you can get LAX or PSP right out of training. FAT is the most junior base. I hope this helps.

My guess is it will be a year or two before we see much movement. Of course if some mainline caves on scope, Skywest will be there to pick up the pieces and you might see quicker movement brah.

What about the IAD or CLE base?

How do you guys afford to live in west coast cities on first year (or even max capt.) pay? Must be a lot of full parents' basements?

My cousin is an engineer based in LA for Ingersoll Rand making north of 80K/year and can barely afford to live in his apartment.

Latest resources

Back