• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKW Inc's Plans Leaked?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If their plan B was so radically different than plan A, they'd be doing it already.

You don't have a backup plan be a completely different philosophy. That's not what a backup plan is.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Time will tell who's right, that is, if the TA is turned down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The original language in the cba did not have an exclusion for the lessor. If the airplanes went to the lessor under the original cba some pilots could've gone to Skywest with their seniority. I've already been over this via other threads, union reps and a spineless mec that will not explain how this came about. The lessor was intentionally used as a loophole to transfer planes to Skywest without pilots, and this was possible because of the change in the language. .1F1 of the cba was amended to include the lessor in the tpa.

As far as gojets, the language was specific to aircraft transferred within Skywest, inc. so the clause would not have applied.

The original language was mute on it. There was no protection. Without specifics in contractual language, the burden of proof is on the union to prove intent of the original language. The company is always favored in this regard. With the language as it was before, SkyWest would have moved the planes when the CPA expired and we would have been stuck with a huge legal bill with a big fat loss in arbitration. No arbitrator would EVER find in our favor.

Point is, the language wasn't gutted. It was tightened and very specific. Gutless MEC or the protections they could lock down? Read up on the RLA sometime. The unions in this regard have their hands tied by law. I doubt any of them care to get sued by the company because you think they should go out and conduct an illegal job action to make you feel better.

1F1 " If the company transfers(by sale lease or any other transaction)..." the contract is not mute on the subject. The exclusion through the lessor was added in the tpa.

When did I ever suggest an action? I only wanted answers and the mec would not even return a call making a simple inquiry. If they didn't have something to hide then why would they not give a simple answer to a simple question? You are the only one to come close to explaining the situation, which is something the mec should do if they really have their members in mind. Or maybe you're a member, which if so, you should be explaining the situation to the pilot group in the appropriate forum.

Last edited:
The company was going to transfer crjs from asa to skyw for phx, not honoring fragmentation (due to the lessor loophole) but offering pref hiring and resulting in furloughs. What would this have made skyw?

ASA was losing those 200s anyways due a prior 2-for-1 deal with Delta. I don't believe the ExpressJet "legacy" guys have anything to worry about, since SkyWest doesn't fly ERJs.

JA will always be one step ahead of you.

I only wanted answers and the mec would not even return a call making a simple inquiry. If they didn't have something to hide then why would they not give a simple answer to a simple question?

Sounds like a very familiar MO of your MEC. ;)

That's right. Even if I'm missing something and nothing is amiss, they could've had the decency to call and set me straight. I would've appreciated it and it would have prevented a lot of arguing here. Instead the ALPA fi.com warriors are here bashing people who just want honest simple answers.

The legacy ASA MEC is terrible at communicating anything.....it has been 3 plus weeks since we have heard anything from them, what a bunch of inconsiderate elected people....

Latest resources

Back