• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SKW Inc's Plans Leaked?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They can transfer aircraft but on the first one that gets transferred, 10 pilots go with them, with seniority and longevity.

They can, but then they will be in violation of our contract.

Why do people think these contracts are written in stone? Didn't you guys have a scope clause that would require Inc to merge you with Skywest as well as ASA? ALPA does not look out for the interests of its junior members PERIOD

The contract is almost done and then the tpa will no longer apply. Also, the tpa includes a loophole for aircraft that are transferred through the the lessor. This was brought to light when aircraft were going to be transferred from Asa to skyw and we discovered our fragmentation policy was gutted in the PTA.

The scope section is going to be part of the contract. The lessor for the ERJs is CAL. The TPA includes N#s. The intent is clear. The ASA fragmentation policy was improved because of their prior experience.

Since when has a contract mattered to a major, especially to one dealing with XJT?

I'm not talking about mainline. If management wants to change the terms of the CPA with mainline (for whatever reason), they can. But it might violate the TPA. That's all I'm saying.

Why do people think these contracts are written in stone? Didn't you guys have a scope clause that would require Inc to merge you with Skywest as well as ASA? ALPA does not look out for the interests of its junior members PERIOD

The MEC caved. They did get one concession (I don't think it was a concession in management's eye), they got a merger of two out of three airlines.

Last edited:
They can, but then they will be in violation of our contract.

So, basically, you'd rather see those routes go to Mesa, Republic, TransStates, anyone but SkyWest? Yeah, right.

The CRJ frag policy was gutted in the tpa, not improved.

So, basically, you'd rather see those routes go to Mesa, Republic, TransStates, anyone but SkyWest? Yeah, right.

The company was going to transfer crjs from asa to skyw for phx, not honoring fragmentation (due to the lessor loophole) but offering pref hiring and resulting in furloughs. What would this have made skyw?

Last edited:

Management can try to make a deal with the MECs of they want to. It's up to them on how they want to handle it. Do they want to test the contract? I don't know but it's certainly their call. Hopefully they treat their pilots with dignity and respect.

Ok, I understand what you are talking about now, aircraft whose CPA term is expiring. But that is not what was mentioned. We are talking about current aircraft operated in accordance with a CPA whose term has not expired yet.

Last edited:

Bother to explain how it was "gutted"?

Fact is, the fragmentation triggered on plane #1. The six planes that left had expired CPA's that had been extended. The planes were returned to the lessor leased back to SkyWest. How in the F*** is a union supposed to stop that?
What about the 8 700's that went to Blow-A-Goat Jet? CPA expired and away they went. But never mind, the MEC caved and the fragmentation policy was gutted.

Whatever. You probably haven't read it or compared to the old one where they could have bled us to death over a couple of years.

The original language in the cba did not have an exclusion for the lessor. If the airplanes went to the lessor under the original cba some pilots could've gone to Skywest with their seniority. I've already been over this via other threads, union reps and a spineless mec that will not explain how this came about. The lessor was intentionally used as a loophole to transfer planes to Skywest without pilots, and this was possible because of the change in the language. .1F1 of the cba was amended to include the lessor in the tpa.

As far as gojets, the language was specific to aircraft transferred within Skywest, inc. so the clause would not have applied.

Last edited:
Also, if Delta pilots reject the TA, I believe RA's "Plan B" is to order the Q400 or ATR72-600 to replace the 50. I think Delta's current contract allows for unlimited turboprops. I just don't see Delta paying all that money for 50 seat engine overhauls just so they can continue losing money on them til 2020.

If their plan B was so radically different than plan A, they'd be doing it already.

You don't have a backup plan be a completely different philosophy. That's not what a backup plan is.

Latest resources

Back