• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SJS - The Career Killer (tv spot)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's wrong with AirTran? I thought their 737 captains make more than Continental's. I would consider Continental great. I find it hard to believe that AirTran is that bad.
I can't believe we are on this backpack thing again. I carry a backpack to work. It has a change of clothes and shoes so that when I walk home from the airport after work I don't walk home in my uniform.
Not that I have "SJS" because I could care less if I were in a jet or not, but people that complain about it should check to see if they are in the correct field of work. If someone dreams to fly a 170 or any other plane, that is there dream, don't knock it. Not everyone wants to be a 777 pilot.
Next you will complain about people that dream to be doctor but not heart surgeons. Why would people spend all there time and money to go to medical school only to become a free clinic doctor. Because they wanted to be a doctor.
Not everyone's goal is to a 777 pilot.
I didn't become a pilot fly heavy metal or make fantastic wages. I became one because I like to fly. I like to travel to different locations. Hell, I even like staying in hotels. I like the idea of having 12 days off in a four week period(which is low by most airline standards). I like the idea of jumpseating just about anywhere. I really enjoy not being in a office all day. Please save me the airplane is a office response. I've worked in offices and warehouses in the past and none of them looked like a cockpit. I enjoy the interaction with the customers.

BenderGonzales said:
Well gosh. since you're a moderator -- "yes sir".

Falcon Capt said:
ROFLMAO!!! Flechas certainly is NOT a Moderator, I think he has spent more time in the Penalty Box than out of it... ;)

Haha, i thought that wasn't gonna be noticed!!

Don't you think I should be a moderator though? I know my way around here pretty good and haven't been banned in a while now!!

But for BenderGonzalez, you can call me Mr. Flechas ;)

Last edited:
I agree almost

Everything that are new disgruntled member has stated is true, except for the part about SouthWest. What's the big deal if they req a type rating? It's part of the job description! You can't be a lawyer unless you have a law degree. Should all lawyers get really pissed off and tell their future employers that they should have to pay for their education. A mechanic has too be ASE cert. I don't see how having a type is any different. My friend has worked for them for around 3 years now and makes a great salary that paid for that type rating deficit in no time.

My friend you have many of good points and probably a lot of experience by the way you speak, but if you stand with the position that all aspiring pilots should try to drop their goals, dreams and ambitions because the instructing "fast track" that they are taking will leave them unprepaired, than I think we have different views. Yes, $20,000 a year is BS, but it's a hell of a lot better than $7,000. Don't try and piss in everyone's wheaties just because you made it an now you think that the stipulations should be harder.
I have mouths to feed, a heat bill to pay and cars that runs on what I think is liquid gold.

Anyway, welcome aboard. Your insight is going to fit right in here.

Flechas said:
Haha, i thought that wasn't gonna be noticed!!

Don't you think I should be a moderator though? I know my way around here pretty good and haven't been banned in a while now!!

But for BenderGonzalez, you can call me Mr. Flechas ;)

I noticed. I tried to change mine to "Flecha's Moderator" and it was censored!

Can't put the word MODERATOR in...thanks Flechas! Now my visions of power have been destroyed!

Wow, that was great! I'm so glad to see other people recognizing that, though it's a spoof, it's actually very true. Our industry is in a race to the bottom. When can we de-throne Duane Worthless and appoint someone to do something about this?

runway9 said:
Our industry is in a race to the bottom.

This is very true, but it can't be blamed on young people taking reginal jobs.
That' a desperate way to try to put out the fire, and that's the way people try to fix everything in America, attacking the consequences, instead on going to the source of the problem.

Flechas said:
This is very true, but it can't be blamed on young people taking reginal jobs.
That' a desperate way to try to put out the fire, and that's the way people try to fix everything in America, attacking the consequences, instead on going to the source of the problem.

Flechas:

In your new role as a M'zero'derator, you have taken on a quite serious and contemplative tone. And here I thought you only did schtick. :D

k_EAT=ho_ME said:
Flechas:

In your new role as a M'zero'derator, you have taken on a quite serious and contemplative tone. And here I thought you only did schtick. :D

This is not my new tone, i do schtick a little, but there's a few topics here that I do have a very set opinion on, like this one.

Besides, now I have to become more serious and responsible, wouldn't want to get fired from my new job! ;)

BenderGonzales said:
Sally: "We've done a lot, but you can help. For just $246 per day you can sponser a flight instructor or regional airline pilot.

For less than the cost of a good-quality, high definition television you can sponser an aspiring airline pilot and show them what life would be like if they actually made the money that major airline pilots used to make. This is the first step in ending SJS."
Nice job.

A few suggestions before it goes to syndication. First, lose Sally and cast a fairer face like Terri Hatcher.

Second, and I guess this doesn't really matter since we can't see spelling in a TV ad, but it's sponsor with an "o".

Lastly, you need to come up with a catchy comparison that will trivialize the $246 daily contribution. You know, you gotta say something like, "For less than the cost of a ....". Cup of coffee won't work here unless you're talking about Starbucks. Even the USA Today costs less than that (if you have to pay for it, so I've heard :) ) so the newspaper thing fails. I'm scratchin' my head (never having developed a $246/day habit for anything.) Oh, wait, the "habit" word gave me an idea. Is there some sort of drug that costs that much? How much are those blue pills? Well, anyway, you get the idea. I'm sure someone can help out with an idea. You gotta put something in there so you can use the line, "That's less than the cost of a daily ______" to get the real punch at the end.

Remember me when you're accepting the Emmy. :)

for less than the cost of your coke habit.

Latest resources

Back