SJS - The Career Killer (tv spot)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
very funny! i loved it!

however, i still say there is nothing wrong or unprofessional about pilots carrying backpacks. bags are tools, period. not fashion statements. if one finds a backpack is more functional than a briefcase, then by all means it should be used. to each their own.

it's funny that the same folks who think backpacks are inappropriate for professional pilots don't say anything about stickers on flight bags

"adult luggage"? please:rolleyes:

Last edited:
BornAgainPagan said:
however, i still say there is nothing wrong or unprofessional about pilots carrying backpacks. bags are tools, period. not fashion statements. if one finds a backpack is more functional than a briefcase, then by all means it should be used. to each their own.

it's funny that the same folks who think backpacks are inappropriate for professional pilots don't say anything about stickers on flight bags

"adult luggage"? please:rolleyes:

Oh, Lord, please, not here too!

SkyBoy1981 said:
FlyChicaga, you sure that person in your avatar is a chick? :eek: :p

I hope so! It's Marissa Tomei, and I'm in love with her. :D

OK, I match the description of this guy (backpack - pink with Hello Kitty on it, Check! iPod - pink with Hello Kitty on it, Check! Cellphone - silver with Hello Kitty on it, Check! Uhoh!) in almost every way except for the desire to fly regional jets for $peanuts. Should I be worried?

k_EAT=ho_ME said:
Oh, Lord, please, not here too!

okay, I just glanced over the 13 pages in another thread........my apologies:eek:'

Last edited:
Don't despair. The Jets R' Neat Institute has a number of counselors on staff who can assist you in selecting what we like to call "Big-Boy Luggage".

Don't dismiss the symptoms of SJS. Watch for warning signs. Take action early.

You too can save a pilot career.

Not ALL RJ F/Os... just those with SJS.

There is a difference.

Other pilots who can become afflicted by SJS:
  • Flight instructors who seek a rapid upgrade at Mesa, Go-Jets, Chautauqua, Boston-Maine, Colgan, etc.
  • Regional airline pilots who, at one time, were PFT participants and who now purchase a Boeing 737 type rating believing that it will guarantee them a job with SWA.
  • Regional airline pilots who seek new, larger aircraft at the expense of other pilot-groups AND at their own expense since larger aircraft at regionals decreases hiring at traditional major airlines.
  • "Turbine PIC Chasers" who will jump from regional to regional chasing a rapid upgrade with the hopes of getting that elusive 1000 hours PIC turbine... buying a 737 type and... well, you know the rest.
The Institute takes this very seriously. SJS is no laughing matter.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back