SJS is Rampant!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zawillif

Gotta vent this story. I thought Shiny-Jet-Syndrome was only at some bottom-feeders. But its gone all the way to Eagle.

My buddy's first day of indoc at eagle: The ONLY thing he wants is to work out of BOS. He's tried a few places and wants to do 135 but doesn't quite have the time to PIC. On the initial bid he misses BOS by 1 place. It turns out there were 3 people above him who bid ERJ BOS with every intention of transferring back to Dallas. They live in Dallas and want to fly the jet. Meanwhile my buddy doesn't care if he's flying a 172, gets Saab DFW. Now he's seat locked in DFW for a year, while these A-holes go to his home, then xfer out just to fly a "jet". I am pissed and I would be even more pissed if I was him. Shame on you Eagle newbies.

So, wait a second..........these other 3 should sacrifice what they want for your friend? SJS or not, what planet do you live on? Certainly not one on which our country is situated.

So, wait a second..........these other 3 should sacrifice what they want for your friend? SJS or not, what planet do you live on? Certainly not one on which our country is situated.

Using history as our guide, this country is full of pilots who would stab their brethern in the back and spit on their graves if it served their own selfish interests.

B-Scales
Freedom
G0Jets
Scabs

Just a few reminders of what our "brothers" are capable of. Always guard your back.

Using history as our guide, this country is full of people who would stab any other person in the back and spit on their graves if it served their own selfish interests.

Racism
Corporate Greed
Income Gaps
Drug Dealers

Just a few reminders of what people are capable of. Always guard your back.

oh jesus, shut up. it is called the american way. I fixed your quote for you.

funny animal, the american pilot, so patriotic yet so naive of their own culture. I'm not saying I like it, but reality is what it is.

Just another reason why regionals are so miserable. What a crappy lifestyle all you guys live, just to fly a jet with glass. As dointime points out, there are enough idiots in this industry that'll do anything to try and help themselves, while pwning their colleagues along the way. Anyone wonder why regional pay is so embarassing? Because there are losers out there who are willing to do it. Think, realize, that if each and every one of you were to say that you won't do the job for that kinda pay (I have the same ratings, and time as most of you on here and wont do it) you are worth MORE than that, then they wouldn't have anyone to fly their little airplanes and would be forced into paying more. Instead, the kids drool over the thought of being able to sip on a Corona at the Ocean Deck and tilt their head back and say "yeah, I fly a jet, for bta/egf/asq/chq/jia/rpa/awi etc" It's not *THAT* cool when you're giving up everything just to fly the thing. Is it worth it? Who cares so much about flying a jet, lifestyle > jet, sorry men. He would've taken the 172 if Eagle flew them, and could have the Boston base. Instead these noobs, since they're so eager to sit in the right seat of the ERJ instead of the Saab (cuz they better get good at it, they've only got 7-8 years of practice before they might be in charge of one!) and are willing to take a base they don't want, when they have the seniority to get a base. Again, what everyone is missing is these fools chose an airplane over QOL, the number one mistake that most regional pilots make everyday, pursuing the metal and not the life. They're gonna be turning 50 and going "well, cool, I'm in the 777 now as an f/o, but my life was absolute ******************** getting here, and pretty soon I've gotta retire". Yay, sounds like an awesome career. I must say though, some of these kids in the regionals better tighten up if they plan on getting into anything bigger than an RJ, I deal with these pilots on a daily basis, and while plenty of them know their ******************** and are on top of things, there are far too many out there flying them with their heads so far up their a55 and no clue what's going on because their tongue is hanging down on the floor and the yoke is getting slippery with the drool from their excitement of FINALLY BEING IN A JET!

LOOK MA, I'M FLYIN AN AIIIIIIIIIIIIRPLANE, IT'S A JET!!!!!

*shrug* ah well, let's hope he can work something out with another company soon. Also, he knows that chasing the metal isn't the way to do it, he's btdt. His buddy has flown airplanes bigger than any plane in Eagle's fleet, but at the end of the day, a plane is a plane is a plane is a plane! He was going for what all pilots should strive for, QOL, yet got pwnt in the process by some textbook regional noobs going for the SHINY SHINY! They'll be complaining about their commute's to Boston soon enough, wishing they'd just taken the Saab and lived at home.

Fools.

Latest resources

Back