• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SJS is Rampant!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, wait a second..........these other 3 should sacrifice what they want for your friend? SJS or not, what planet do you live on? Certainly not one on which our country is situated.

No. They should do whatever they want. The fact that they DID do this is ridiculous. If you want to live in DFW then BID DFW. They knew about my buddy and just said "sorry". Now they are gonna be passing each other over Ohio as my buddy tries to commute from BOS to DFW, and these guys commute from DFW to BOS. As for the seniority everyone knows that seniority in a new hire class is a joke. . based on age and nothing else. Half the people ahead of my buddy were 500 hour "bridge" program people, meanwhile him and the youngest in class have over 1300 hours each. Not saying its wrong, just pointing it out.

Bottom line dickburns said it best: they chose the airplane instead of the QOL. I hope their commute sucks.

Don't diss the Ocean Deck. I've pulled a lot of tail out of there back in the day.

I'm not dissing it, the Caribbean Posse is a great band, especially when drunk. I've had some great time at the bar, but I've also witnessed plenty of alumnus show up there and strut their Jetlink-F/O-$20/hr pimp stuff!

Just for the record, I'm hoping my first job is flying a shiney new CRJ7, but I'd take the Q400 in a heart beep ;) I like the company and I don't mind flying a turboprop. There's a lot more to QOL than the equipment you fly. But you guys know just as well as I do (probably better) that turbojet time is better if you can get it. Why fault someone for going after that? I think there's more than just the "LOOK MA!!" syndrome. It's career advancement, and people will do what they think will bring it to them. I'm not saying I would have made the same call--if I was so attached to DFW, I probably would have taken the Saab. But I wouldn't fault someone for going for the jet if they thought that would be the best career move.

-Goose

Last edited:
Goose Egg, I'm assuming you're looking to fly for the Ho-train?

Take the footlong in a heartbeat man. That bird is awesome, great plane, lots of fun, and there's not need to rush into the RJ. I know lots of guys who put their time in with the Ho and are now happily enjoying the right seat on the Salmon thirty Salmon and Tinkerbell and friends.

Latest resources

Back