• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SJS is Rampant!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All you guys saying you'd do the same are illustrating my point. You're telling me, seriously, that if given the choice between living in domicile in your hometown (or current place you live) and flying a turbo-prop . . OR . . flying a crj/erj out of domicile and commuting/trying to transfer, you'd take the jet? Does anyone else see the foolishness or am I just insane? Wait don't answer that. I guess we'd all take the shiny jet!

Goose Egg, I'm assuming you're looking to fly for the Ho-train?

Take the footlong in a heartbeat man. That bird is awesome, great plane, lots of fun, and there's not need to rush into the RJ. I know lots of guys who put their time in with the Ho and are now happily enjoying the right seat on the Salmon thirty Salmon and Tinkerbell and friends.

Sweet, sign me up!

-Goose

I'm not dissing it, the Caribbean Posse is a great band, especially when drunk. I've had some great time at the bar, but I've also witnessed plenty of alumnus show up there and strut their Jetlink-F/O-$20/hr pimp stuff!

I remember those tools. They don't relize that the B!tches want a dude with money. Tell them you a "pilot" and you go home alone. I used to tell them I was in med school for gynechology. Hell, I can't even spell it but it worked. sometimes..

Sweet, sign me up!

-Goose

Heh, lemme know when you get your hours in son. I've got quite a few connections throughout the industry, but you already seem to be on the right track by pursuing the Ho-train! Don't forget freight though, ever see those twin-beeches flying out of BFI? That'll learn you how to REALLY fly. Also, get in a beaver or twotter up on the north slope and you come back to the lower 48 and you'll have a one up on any of the noobs that went straight from a 172 to an RJ. Freightdogs really know how to fly an airplane, not just push buttons and run an FMS.

Plunger, you got it man. I'd advise you fellas to NOT tell any chicks you meet that you're a pilot. It's almost as bad as saying you're a janitor or you work at McDonalds, but atleast with those guys the girls know you'll be around for her, not always on the road. Flying an RJ is far from glamorous.

Heh, lemme know when you get your hours in son. I've got quite a few connections throughout the industry, but you already seem to be on the right track by pursuing the Ho-train! Don't forget freight though, ever see those twin-beeches flying out of BFI? That'll learn you how to REALLY fly. Also, get in a beaver or twotter up on the north slope and you come back to the lower 48 and you'll have a one up on any of the noobs that went straight from a 172 to an RJ. Freightdogs really know how to fly an airplane, not just push buttons and run an FMS.

Wilco. Gettin' pretty close--950ish total. Need a bit more multi though.

-Goose

None of you could say with a straight face that you NEVER wanted to fly a jet.

stirring the pot, stirring the pot......

That's true. But I'd rather fly a turbo in a place I love than a jet in a place I hate. Take it from me, I know first hand.

Wanting to fly a jet is one thing. Wanting to chose a jet over a lifestyle is a whole different story. These guys are sacrificing QOL to fly a freaking REGIONAL JET. Sad.

Latest resources

Back