Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skybert

Hey gang,

Just got a sirius radio for fathers day,wondering if anyone uses it the plane? If so do you plug it into a 28 volt system?

Thanks,
Bert

Used to use XM in the plane...works great! I rigged up a 6AA battery pack to feed it. Lasted about 5 hours with the back light off.

I use a Sirius Stiletto 100 in the airplane quite often. The internal antenna isn't quite good enough, but if you position it just right, it works out.

Ya I can't figure out how to power mine either. Use to just plug it into the cigar lighter in the piston planes. No cigar lighter anymore. It really helped the cruise time pass. I usually just put one ear piece in.

why wouldn't it work international. it is a satelite radio, o ground bases, i used it all the time over canada and alaska. don't put it into the 28 volt sytem just use batteries.

Has anybody tried the portable XM recievers/mp3 (Samsung helix or pioneer inno) players while flying? I'm thinking of getting one to listen to baseball games but I'm not sure how it will work.

Thank,
Sgt.

I also use the Stiletto in the airplanes. The battery life could be longer even tho it comes with two. Like mtsu_av8er said you need to position the antenna just right to get the signal. I want to talk MX into installing some car docks for it in some of the planes. Can't wait till Sirius and XM merge so we can get Howard and Bubba through the Garmin units.

Latest resources

Back