• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sirius Radio

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please elaborate....I gave my spouse a s100 for christmas. It sounded like a winner especially the wi-fi ability. Only drawback from the manual is no record from internet streaming. Please explain what the problems are before I find them.
Well, for one... the reception without those stupid looking headphones in horrible if there is no ground repeater around. The wi-fi works pretty good, but the sound quality is noticeably worse. I actually prefer listening to recorded music from sat radio than live radio via wi-fi.

Well, for one... the reception without those stupid looking headphones in horrible if there is no ground repeater around. The wi-fi works pretty good, but the sound quality is noticeably worse. I actually prefer listening to recorded music from sat radio than live radio via wi-fi.

Thanks,,, that is the stuff I needed to know. She wants to listen inside at home a lot. I guess I need to get another antennae for the house. I haven't set the unit up yet for her. Is there an external antennae jack and does the standard sirius antennaes work?? I have a spare one somewhere from a home bundle.

the reception at the house was bad with the stilletto, so i traded that for a sportster 4 and also bought the home kit. the home kit works great, it comes with a bigger antenna for the house. i spent a few hours last night and set up the car kit that came with the sportster in my accord. works great. it took me a few hours b/c i hid every wire and had to remove some console pieces to do it. i guess the fcc won a lawsuit that limits the strength of the fm transmitter in the unit so it is overpowered by regular fm. if you are not going to hardwire it your radio, buy the fm direct adapter. (modulator part number fmda25) 20-30 bucks, easy to set up and works great. it disables the car fm antenna when the sirius is on. when it is off, the fm antenna kicks back on. major difference...night and day. enjoy.

Last edited:
The key to the s100 is to buy it later after they work the kinks out. Just like most techy things they rushed it to market before it was ready. I am in love with S50. Its smooothhhh.

The key to the s100 is to buy it later after they work the kinks out. Just like most techy things they rushed it to market before it was ready. I am in love with S50. Its smooothhhh.

Already bought it. The way this will work out is, when the kinks are out, she gets a new model and I will get the old one. And be happy about it.....whether I like it or not.....

You can always take it back?

I went to Radio Shack to get my IPOD to play striaght to my headset and the guy didn't know what I was talking about. I assume I need one end to be a 3.5mm end and the other end should be able to fit into the observers MIC jack? Would I be better off going to an avionics shop? Anyone?

Latest resources

Back