Single pilot in 2 pilot aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cxcap

Isn't it possible to get "checked out" (or something to that effect) by the FAA to fly single pilot in an aircraft requiring two pilots? It seems I remember reading one time that if you show that you could handle the aircraft by yourself there was some way around the 2 pilot requirement. The reason I ask is because I'm planning on buying either a Citation X or a BBJ and I want to be able to fly it myself.

Cool. I'll pay to babysit you from the right seat.

Yes

...you should be fine. I believe that you need to have five stripes on your shoulder boards/jacket though. Check your FARs (Federal Air Regulations) on that.

Checkout?........oh you mean getting someone to show you how to start the engines. After that, push=go Pull=stop.............anything else is just useless fluff anyhow.

Like yank said, quit bothering us with your crazy details! :0

and

... remember, the houses get smaller when you PULL on the yoke. Bigger when you PUSH on the yoke. The rest is just common sense.

Last edited:
Cows get bigger ... cows get smaller ... cows get bigger again.

You're all set.

Good luck, Iceman!

Minhberg

cxcap said:
Isn't it possible to get "checked out" (or something to that effect) by the FAA to fly single pilot in an aircraft requiring two pilots? It seems I remember reading one time that if you show that you could handle the aircraft by yourself there was some way around the 2 pilot requirement. The reason I ask is because I'm planning on buying either a Citation X or a BBJ and I want to be able to fly it myself.
You know it's a good thing I was reading this thread, because it just so happens I have a Single Pilot BBJ for sale! It's alreasy been sold ($50M+5M for the SP option), but it fell out of escow today. If you could wire me an ernest of $55,000 today, you can soon have your own SP BBJ.

Like these other guys said - who cares just do whatever you want to. Even if they take your license, they can only take it one time. Seriously though, I think I have heard of people having a waiver of some sort to fly some of the dual pilot Citations single pilot. Anyone else know of this?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back