• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Single pilot in 2 pilot aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the Beech Triggerfish, err Premier is also single-pilot. From what I've read, most of the up and coming light jets are all going to be single-pilot as well.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

'Sled

bcamp said:
Currently. the only two pilot jet that can be flown by one pilot is the CE-500 (Cessna Citation 500) through an exemption. Cessna and Boeing have no plans for an exemption for the CE-750 and BBJ.
If you've got 7 stripes on your shoulderboards you don't need an exemption.

'Sled

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but in some cases the DC-3 can be flown single-pilot (depending on the Flight Manual/STC), for ferry and Maintenance test flights, with only an A&P mechanic in the right seat & no pax.

premier is supposed to be...and there was a time one could get a lear type single pilot, but those days are long gone :(

wingnutt said:
...there was a time one could get a lear type single pilot, but those days are long gone :(
My understanding was that, in the early days, Bill Lear tried to get single-pilot approval for the Lear 23 but the FAA wouldn't buy it. Later, they tried to get approval for factory ferry pilots to fly them single-pilot and the FAA also said no. Personally, I've got 1000 hours single-pilot in the MU-2 and 3000 hours in the Lear. I'd feel more comfortable flying a Lear single-pilot than the MU-2. Oh well.

'Sled

Lead Sled said:
My understanding was that, in the early days, Bill Lear tried to get single-pilot approval for the Lear 23 but the FAA wouldn't buy it. Later, they tried to get approval for factory ferry pilots to fly them single-pilot and the FAA also said no. Personally, I've got 1000 hours single-pilot in the MU-2 and 3000 hours in the Lear. I'd feel more comfortable flying a Lear single-pilot than the MU-2. Oh well.

'Sled

Or you could do what Bobby Younkin did and re-certify his Lear 23 into the experimental catagory to fly airshows...which he does single pilot.

I've also seen Clay Lacy exit a Lear 23 at two different airports all by his lonesome, but I doubt what he was doing is legal.

Lead Sled said:
If you've got 7 stripes on your shoulderboards you don't need an exemption.

Yea, but the captain's an arsehole and the FO's a useless twit.

Lead Sled said:
Have you been talking to my boss again? :eek:

No, mine. And he's always right.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back