• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Simple request

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "and" thing is an Airforce hold hover. They needed a little trick to remind them to pause a couple seconds while the crypto synced up and putting an "and" at the beginning of the transmission did the trick.

The Navy pilots were just told to pause before speaking and that worked.

"Got 'em on the fish finder."

Could somebody please point out exactly to me where in the Pilot/Controller Glossary I may find the term 'fish finder'?

How 'bout female pilots who have to answer ATC instructions by first saying "all right" or "ok".....

As in to say "sigh... So much to comprehend here... Ok.... let me make sure I've got this right.. You want me to slow to 210 and THEN descend to 10 thousand????"

The kitchen's that way, sweetheart.

Winning!

How 'bout female pilots who have to answer ATC instructions by first saying "all right" or "ok".....

As in to say "sigh... So much to comprehend here... Ok.... let me make sure I've got this right.. You want me to slow to 210 and THEN descend to 10 thousand????"

The kitchen's that way, sweetheart.
HAHA!!! That is excellent.

Why is it ASA that always hops on frequency and starts transmitting? Why not wait and see if there is something being said on freq first?

in response to a hold short instruction, "on the hold"

or "we'd like to request 3-5-0"
Oh? You're telling ATC that you would like to make a request instead of just stating your request? I wish ATC would respond,"uhm, ok, that's nice"

Latest resources

Back