• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Simcom

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any type of training is what you make of it. I have used Sim Com, SimuFlite and Flight Safety. It seems that it all depends on the instructor you get or the person you might get paired up with. Whatever the case, if you aren't happy with the training, then stop and make a change with it. I have done it and it makes all the difference in the world. Alot of those sim instructors are trying to show you how much they know instead of teaching you what you need to know.

Irapilot,

Man I gotta say that response was crap. I personally admitted to not having a point of comparison for the different schools. I simply pointed out that I got out of it what I put in. My total time doesn't have squat to do with my ability to determine whether I was trained thoroughly. Did I learn systems? Yes. Did I learn procedures? Yes. Do I feel safe and capable? Yes. I was able to figure that all out with just 2300 hrs. I'm curious...just how long does one need to be in the business to be respected? Is it also a common assumption that anyone with low time is a snot-nosed kid?
Well all of this came out a bit harsher that I intended but you get the idea. Ultimately I think it's a gamble most times. Falcon10 has the right idea. If it's working for you, great! If not, change it up.
Cheers

Last edited:
Dearest Throttlebender,

My son, your immaturity of response confirms Irapilots observation. Believe me I am proud of you Jr., to be flying a Twin at 2300 hrs is a great accomplishment, and your successful completion of SIMCOM is an obvious feather in your cap. But when you grow hair on your chest, a second testicle drops into your underwear or you learn to fly faster than 270 knots shoot me an email, we will have a beer.

The Dude

cvoav8r said:
Dearest Throttlebender,

My son, your immaturity of response confirms Irapilots observation. Believe me I am proud of you Jr., to be flying a Twin at 2300 hrs is a great accomplishment, and your successful completion of SIMCOM is an obvious feather in your cap. But when you grow hair on your chest, a second testicle drops into your underwear or you learn to fly faster than 270 knots shoot me an email, we will have a beer.

The Dude

How about 500 hour guys flying F-15s and C-17s? Do they get to drink beer with you or is there some hours+knots/attitude formula you use?

To paraphrase Yoda "Hours do not make one great"

and cvoav8r when you fly something larger than a lear 60, give me a call...and we'll talk about how speed doesn't translate as a dick extender such as yourself...

Lear 60 and a diamond jet. lmfao

Ever think that throttle might be flying in Alaska bush where his skills would far surpass that of a gear puller such as yourself?

Last edited:
Throttlebender,

As I said - I am not bashing anyone or disrespecting you. I am pointing out, in response to the question asked about SimCom that "You get what you pay for - and SimCom is cheap, ergo you don't get much." That is after 20 years in the biz, attending FSI, SimuFlight and SimCom and giving an unbiased view. When I spoke about the hours that some of the folks had I was pointing out that with somewhat limited experience of some of the respondents that, in my opinion, they would not have the experience necessary to help cosmotheassman make a decision about using SimCom for Hawker training (a multi-million dollar aircraft).

About my response being “crap”, well maybe it was. I ask you to read my 2 posts again, carefully and thoughtfully, utilize your critical thinking skills and see you still think my response was “crap”. I also ask you to take into account that where as I have a right to my opinion and have some experience in flight training, running a flight department and having admittedly good and bad experiences in all three above mentioned flight schools that I did not criticize you, the training you received or your skills as a pilot.

If the training you are receiving fits in with your plan – go for it. Keep in mind though, in our race for the bottom in this industry, that cheaper for the sake of cheaper is what it is and we have to look critically at the training we are receiving and constantly be questioning, is it good enough? Can we do something better? Strive for better quality, higher standards and execute our jobs well and we will get what we deserve. If we enable the race for the bottom, enable these operators of millions of dollars worth of equipment to pay us less and less, cut corners constantly, treat us like paraprofessionals, participate in PFT and get bargain basement training – well, we all suffer for it in the end.

Best of luck.........

Last edited:
Good responses...except that the military has the worst safety record of any large aviation org. that we talk about on this board. As for 2004 Air India, Maylasian Airlines and All US airlines put together had fewer fatal accidents than in any three month period for the US Military Services (only counting non-combat). Not to question patriotism. But when it comes to safety and experience the military is not a good example.

As for the straight *8 driver. What's in this for you? Are you challenged by the fact that SimCom is second rate. Is that where you obtained your training? Are you and Throttlebender ready to stake you reputations on SIMCOM. In this great forum of ideas can you offer nothing but an attack on the those that doubt the Quality of SIMCOM. Give me something worth reading or at least make it funny!!

Last edited:
Throttlebender - Dont let any holier than thou aviation adonis wannabe shove any crap at you.... just remember that as long as you are learning and getting better as in striving for the next level you will be fine no matter where you go and train.

cvoav8r - What does Air India have to do with any of this ?

In general people who want to improve and work at it are the ones who make the best of every training event no matter where they go.... the others ... well they want the magic pill to swallow and retain it all without any effort. guess it boils down to taking some ownership and pride in your training as well as yourself.

Wow! Some good responses since I've been gone. First, to Irapilot, I apologize for calling your comment "crap." I was having a bad day and my fuse was a little too short. You do make valid points in your second post. I also usually respect most pilots that have vastly greater experience than myself. However, I was trying to point out that just because some of us have less than say 5000 hrs, it doesn't mean we don't know a thing or two. With more time we might learn a thing or three, but in the meantime we're not all idiots either. Also re-read my posts and you'll see that I did state that I couldn't compare other schools to simcom because I haven't been there. I was merely passing on my own experience with them.

As for cvoav8r, what a putz....funny but a putz none the less. :) Get over yourself. I suppose I am staking my reputation on Simcom in a way. I trained there and have people's lives in my hands because of it. If I didn't feel that it was worthwhile then I should probably keep my butt parked on the ramp don't you think?

Anyway, I love the discussions here and learn a lot as well as find many of you VERY entertaining. Irapilot, sorry again for "crapping" on you. Take it easy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back