Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CFIcare

DMC driver
Has anyone here gone through the LR-35 initial training at Simcom ORL? I'm helping a friend with some research but all of my personal training was at SimuFlite (LR 31/35/55) and FlightSafety (LR45).

Does Simcom have a Level C Lear 35 sim?

Do they require you to have your ATP before going for your type, and if so, why can't they tack it on to your type ride?

Also does anyone have any comments good/bad/ugly as to their experience there, and how you thought it was cost versus value-wise.

Thanks!

i personally like simcom....they can be a little too laid back at times and it may be b/c i have been with them on the king airs for the past 8 years. I went to them for the citation and kingair recurrency. Went to simuflite for the initial citation. I'm pretty sure you can get your atp with simcom b/c they have a level c sim for the 35...thats the difference...no motion...no atp ride...I would say its worth it only if your friend has a good back ground in turbine flying. the reason i say this is because they don't press much on standard call outs or standard configurations. They just want to make sure you can fly the plane and be safe.

My experience with Simcom is as follows:

If you need the certificate, go to simcom.

If you need the training (which we all do) go elsewhere.

There's alot of misinformation being taught there.

My experience with Simcom is as follows:

If you need the certificate, go to simcom.

If you need the training (which we all do) go elsewhere.

There's alot of misinformation being taught there.

Yeah that's kinda what I heard too...thanks!

Just did MU-2 recurrent there. It was a little bit "laid back", yes. Personally, I see that as a positive, but to each their own. The facility was clean, things started and ended on time, and the instructor was highly knowledgable about the airplane and had thousands of hours doing the sort of flying we do. I have no complaints. YMMV.

I'm not going to get into specifics here, but in the classes I attended was in there was a large lack of knowlege of aircraft systems which led to the misinformation being taught.

Been to Simcom and Flight Safety. Simcom definately gets the job done but is more laid back than Flight Safety.

Simcom Orlando

I have been thru 57 Lr35 recurrents some at Simcom, some at Simuflight, and some at Flightsafety. If you want someone that will practically fax you a rating go to Simcom. If you want to really learn the airplane go to Flightsafety. If you want something in between go to Simuflight. Simcom is a joke.

Latest resources

Back