• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SIM time and Total Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know what you mean when it comes to incorrect information from examiners during a ride. Sometimes you just have to bite your tongue and roll your eyes.

I know what you mean when it comes to incorrect information from examiners during a ride. Sometimes you just have to bite your tongue and roll your eyes.
Bite the tongue, yes. But avoid rolling the eyes until the examiner is not looking. :D

Question: I used some sim time towards my ATP per part 61.159(a), 142.1, and 121.400. The examiner I used made me count it towards total time in order to use to towards the ATP. So I made a "correction" line in my logbook. Now I want to remove that time from my total time. Would you just make another "correction" line removing the time? What would you write under the Remarks explaining why you did it?

Just to clarify when I did the sim time I did not log it as total time. Later, when I applied for the ATP and used the time the examiner wanted to see it in the book credited as total time. So like a idiot I put it in there to make him happy. When I put in in I used a line in the logbook and wrote why I was putting it in there. Something like "Correction per far XXXX." I now want to remove this time from my total time because as I have known all along in order to use the sim time towards the ATP it does not need to be logged as TT nor does it belong as TT. How would you go about removing this time from your logbook? Another correction line? I would like to keep my logbook as neat as possible for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back